DC Daily Comic Book Club: BATMAN (1940) Issues 617-619 (BATMAN HUSH 10-12)

Round of applause for @Batmite267! Those are amazing Easter eggs, I missed ALL of them. Thanks so much for sharing those.

I’m with you on Jason. I wanted it to be him because it would’ve been a complete surprise, but now I’m glad it wasn’t Jason.

2 Likes

Be sure to check out today’s DC Daily Episode 146 - 4/10/2019 to see the panel discussion of Hush 10-12!

3 Likes

Hector was hilarious! xD Loved the Bane impression :smiley:

1 Like

In the panel discussion for Question 1, Hector mentioned (btw I’m paraphrasing his words) Catwoman has her own life, and she can’t be expected to just drop everything at any moment for a mission, but teen Robin could probably put things on hold, if needed.

Thank you, Hector! I appreciate that point.

2 Likes

Better late then never! Finally wrapped up Hush!

Discussion Questions

1.) I think so. Catwoman (at least in this story) is unreliable at best. Tim Drake as Robin is a very reliable boy.

2.) My biggest issue with Hush is that the reveal never felt satisfying. It still didn’t here. There is so much heavy handed foreshadowing. It’s just not a very well done twist, imo.

3.) I mean the only correct answer for this would be some sort of blemish removal. With heat vision and arctic breath he is very suited for that type of work.

4.) Probably, i do like how integral he was to the plot here. It kinda makes up for the so so Hush reveal.

I’m not a crazy huge Hush fan. I did get a new appreciation for the book when i re read it for the club. It’s really fun with amazing art. It gives you a great tour through Batman’s Rouge Gallery. It’s also just a great jumping on point for new readers. I’m glad we were able to cover this! Reading this again with everyone has been a blast.

1 Like

@MattMcDonald
:joy: at your answer for 3! Yes, he is well equipped for that kind of work.

1 Like

@MattMcDonald You just gave me an idea for what sort of deal I can now call upon Superman for.

goes over to the rotary phone and dials “C. Kent, esq.” as it’s printed on his Daily Planet business card It’s ringing…

1 Like

Our Hush discussion wraps up today. Be sure to get your thoughts in!

1. Robin is a moral compass for Bruce. Even if he’s not actually telling Bruce what’s right or wrong, it seems like Bruce behaves a bit better when a Robin is around because he feels he has to be a parental figure and set an example for the kid. Catwoman does things her own way and would tempt Bruce to that morally grey area she inhabits.

2. In a story full of red herrings regarding Hush’s identity, Clayface’s Jason Todd imitation was my favorite. Jason Todd would have been an interesting choice for Hush, but if it was him then we never would have gotten the Red Hood story arc.

3. Bats was brave. Not only could Supes have drilled a hole through his head but he did the operation without anesthesia. I definitely would not be seeing Dr. Superman for any medical procedures.

4. It depends on the story. At his best like in this storyline, The Riddler is the Moriarty to Batman’s Sherlock.

1 Like

@Beagle
Regarding 3, :joy:

He was both brave and completely confident in Superman’s laser removal skills.