DC Daily Comic Book Club BATMAN (1940) Issues 614-616 (BATMAN HUSH 7-9)

@Batmite267 The splash page with the Batmobiles is great. Offhand, the Burton and Forever designs are there and I think the Dark Knight Returns tank is in the background too.

Jim Lee topped that beautiful artistry of the Batcave with his four page spread of it in All Star Batman and Robin #4, quite possibly the quintessential Batcave illustration ever.

1 Like

@Vroom

It’s too bad you have to read All Star Batman and Robin to get to it :wink:

2 Likes

The writing might be a train with loose wheels, but I maintain the art of All Star B&R is a smooth running Sheldon Cooper approved locomotive.

Well, Batman making fun of Green Lantern was funny. I’ll give Miller that one.

2 Likes

@Vroom

That Jim Lee art is incredible, I’ll give you that.

1 Like

The dude could illustrate a bag of garbage and make it look absolutely and jaw droppingly badass.

1 Like

@Vroom

Yep yep. Absolute master class.

Hey everyone!

I’m going to be away from the internet until tomorrow evening! Make sure you let us know what you thought about these issues of Hush! Y’all are great!

:heart:

3 Likes

During the Joker chase, I like how the color of the space between the panels shows Batman’s state of mind. When he wants to kill Joker it’s a bright red. When Jim talks some sense into him, the color drains and fades to white indicating Batman’s bloodlust has past and he’s back to his normal self.

bat_614_003.png

2 Likes

I enjoyed watching the Batman & Catwoman relationship develop, throughout the run. :bat::cat2:
I was thrilled with Alfreds insight into the relationship. :owl:
:heart: Catwoman helping Batman see that as a loner he has really gathered many ‘strings’ of attachments along the way.
The images of motion with catwoman are iconic. :heart:
The unraveling of yet another jab in the side of Batman’s faith in humanity was well done- Bravo! :bat:
The harshness of opening up whilst discovering an uncovered deceit that spanned decades in his life really exemplified that reality is littered with ups & downs. :bat:
:cat2: It is the gritty raw angles of life shown. In life we take the good with the bad & there is plenty of room left for grey. :bat: Onto the next read! :books:

1 Like