DC Daily BTS

Hey there everyone. Some of you know me, some don’t. I’m Ray Carsillo. I’m one of the writers of DC Daily. At the behest of some of the fine folks that keep our community up and running so smoothly, we thought it might be cool to share some parts of DC Daily that you might not see up close, or at all. Come back regularly as I’ll try to add some new stuff each week, and thanks for being a part of DC Universe and for watching DC Daily!

24 Likes

An easily overlooked part of the DC Daily set is our back brick wall. Something we have done since our live special is have guests sign the wall before they leave. Everyone has been great but some of my personal favs include Susan Eisenberg, Tara Strong, Kevin Conroy, Paul Dini, and Andrea Romano. Who have been your favorite guests on DC Daily? Can you pick out their signature?

orntz4.jpg

7 Likes

What happen to Reports segment?

2 Likes

This is awesome :smiley: I loved seeing Kevin Conroy and Andrea Romano on DC Daily, but I think my favorite guest would have to be Misty Lee. She’s absolutely magical.

4 Likes

Can’t pick out any signatures because all I see is a black image :slightly_smiling_face:. In any case, would have liked to pick out Jim Lee’s signature. Looking forward to future updates on this thread. Thanks for everything you guys do; great show!

3 Likes

@moro, oh no! What device are you using? I can see it on Android and Web.

1 Like

This is a really fun easter egg hunt- thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

@Applejack, iPhone XS Max running iOS 12.3.1. It happens randomly with some images on these boards. Checked my iPad…same.

4 Likes

@moro thanks, I’ll pass this on.

3 Likes

This is great! Actually the us AWESOME!!!

BTS is something I love. Having worked in the arts, there are so many people who don’t get fan recognition because we don’t see them. And it’s great to see because lots of people may not understand how complex a process is involved to do 20 min of new TV, 5 days a week.

I anxiously await more!!

5 Likes

@AppleJack
Having the same issue on a different physical iOS device but some SW version.

1 Like

Can’t see it here either. iOS.

2 Likes

@TheHelloThereDude Actually, we still have a report of sorts in a lot of episodes, we just don’t call them Reports anymore. We’ve changed the format a couple times (as one might expect over 200 episodes), to try to better serve the community as much as possible while also being the fun and entertaining show DC fans deserve. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Image doesn’t show. Im using android.

1 Like

Excellent work Roy. Assuming you’re taking questions, what would you say is the biggest way the show has changed between episode one and episode 200?

3 Likes

@JoshuaLapinBertone Sorry to correct you, but it’s Ray, haha. And thanks for the question Joshua! I mean, the format has undergone a drastic change for sure. The way we deliver news, and how we’ve integrated it into the discussions. We’re always trying new things, though, like the board game episode from a few weeks ago, to the Batman 89 watchalong we did in honor of that landmark film’s 30th anniversary (Michael Keaton is still the best Batman. #SorryNotSorry).

5 Likes

I understand having to rotate old episodes out for licensing purposes and whatnot, but is there any way you could preserve the segments where creators at DC are interviewed? Those are too valuable to lose.

6 Likes

shoot, also cannot view, but I’ve mentioned before Conor Leslie and LaMonica Garrett were personal favorites – really though, every guest, the whole show is a highlight of the day on this side of the screen

2 Likes

@HubCityQuestion All DC Daily content is archived to my knowledge, so don’t fret.

2 Likes

@RayCarsillo Oh. You don’t know? Check the DC Daily archives in the app. A lot of episodes have been removed.

3 Likes