DC/CW missed an opportunity to spin off Legion

In addition to being a treasure trove of characters and ideas, there was such a great opportunity to tell stories about immigration, xenophobia, nationalism. They faced topical/political head on with Black Lightning, Legion was set up to go nuts. I say this even with mixed feelings about how they rendered Legionnaires in the last season of Supergirl. I would take Legion 1000 times out of 1000 over Legends.

1 Like

I too would take Legion over Legends. I just don’t think the CW really understood the Legion characters they had. I’m not sure I’d like to see them handle the Legion anymore. It’d be great to get a show on DC Universe about them or another animated series. I love the animated Legion series.

2 Likes

Who knows, maybe they’ve got something in development?

The animated Legion show is great. So’s the STAS ep with them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is something they’ve already considered, especially with XS on Flash this season. Might be they’re building to it.

And for the record, I love Legends. Consistently awesome.

1 Like

I’d love a Legion show, but I wouldn’t be happy if it replaced Legends. I’ve always been a pretty big fan of Booster Gold, so having Rip start the team, plus all of the CW’s Kord industries nods makes me extremely hopeful for Booster and Beetle to show up.

1 Like

Would love a Legion show, live action or a more serious animated one. Not loving CW’s current Legion members except Mon-El. Smallvilles version was superior in every way so it shows it can be done.

2 Likes

Animated series don’t do it for me anymore. Ready for live action. Totally fair that CW could have done better with 2/3 (even Mon-El is their own take), but they’ve done a lot of good stuff, too…tho not the fan others are of Legends.

I didn’t care for Supergirl’s take on the Legion of Superheroes. Need to go back to the drawing board.

1 Like