DC continuing publishing

So DC is going through with releasing new books at the end of the month without diamond. I cant see how this will help retailers and as a collector it makes me think won’t get my new books. Now I get everything DC. I love them but I think this is a bad decision. Especially since diamond is looking at an end of May start.

3 Likes

We only just heard Diamond is thinking of re-opening in early-to-mid-May. Nothing else has been announced, so its early to say if something is a bad decision or not. DC is still releasing digital content which means they’re still in operation.

This is a global pandemic. It’s gonna take a while before things get fully back to normal. Patience is key. Don’t worry, we’ll get there :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Also, if Digital isn’t your thing, I totally understand that, too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This should rest those fears:

5 Likes

The only digital I read is on here. I need physical copies. I just fear alot of stores wont be able to get books even tho they are available. What happens to the shops who have been out of the loop for a month?

4 Likes

I am worried about my local comic book shop which was struggling long before this happened. I hope shops will be okay. I understand publishers still need to get content created so that people have something to buy and keep them in business. Hopefully the shops can just pick up whatever new issues or back issues they need to sell once they reopen. I am going to earmark some money to visit my local shop when this is over, even though I am still buying digital stuff.

5 Likes

Not all comic shops will reopen, many were in trouble before the crisis. I’m hoping DC Universe starts taking orders for books, which could be picked up at comic shops, or mailed directly to you if you no longer have a store nearby. Blasphemy, maybe but people could still get their books and this site would become essential

3 Likes

@superby1 Besides those handful of titles, do we know if there’s any word on all the others that were meant to come out but haven’t yet? I realize there may not be any answers for that, but I figured I’d ask just in case! (Also thanks for sharing that link, I’m having such a hard time finding any articles with new information so that was very helpful!) :superman_hv_4:

1 Like

Im just glad comic distribution is getting some much needed compition. Hopefuly this plays out for a much healther industry were distributors have to compete with each outher for shops to ship there product to.

4 Likes

I’m of the same mind. I don’t worry about the publishers. They’re okay. They have the money to play the patience game. I’m more concerned about shops.

3 Likes

@TheGirlWonder12 I’m not sure about the other titles that were meant to come out but haven’t yet. To be honest, I was thrilled to find the link lol

1 Like

At least this app will have a chance to catch up.

My local comic shop which just re-opened (due only to the fact they are a comic and used book store and it was apparently decided book stores are essential businesses) said they are having trouble figuring out how to order from the new distributor. So see some problems especially early on (although given so many stores are unable to open at all right now, the growing pains might be a lesser issue) but hope it works out, and honestly Diamond is a monopoly and the stores have been at their mercy for years, so don’t think having more then one distributor is a bad thing.

3 Likes