DC Connect #14 Cover Reveal

Free Monthly Magazine With the Inside Scoop on Upcoming DC Comic Books, Collected Editions and Original Graphic Novels Returns to Participating Comic Book Stores Tuesday, June 29

On Tuesday, June 29, comic book fans can get the latest dish on what’s to come from DC when DC CONNECT, the monthly previews magazine, arrives in participating comic book stores.

Initially available online, this print version will give fans all the great tools to know what to order from their local comic book stores, including breathtaking cover art, preview pages from upcoming stories, behind-the-scenes looks at projects in development, and more!

The debut issue spotlights some of DC’s hottest titles and events arriving in September,
including:

• Batman: Fear State, including I Am Batman #1, by John Ridley and Olivier Coipel
  • Deathstroke, Inc., written by Joshua Williamson (Infinite Frontier, The Flash) with art by Howard Porter
  • Aquaman: The Becoming, a six-issue monthly limited series from Future State: Aquaman
    writer Brandon Thomas, with art by Diego Olortegui and Wade Von Grawbadger
  • A Black Manta six-issue monthly limited series from Bitter Root writer Chuck Brown and
    artist Valentine De Landro
  • Milestone Compendium One, a softcover collection with more than 1,300 pages of classic Milestone stories, collecting the debut story arcs of Blood Syndicate, Hardware, Static, Icon, Xombi and Shadow Cabinet from the original Milestone creative team
  • Are You Afraid of Darkseid?, a prestige format anthology of scary stories from across the
    DC Universe, just in time for Halloween (on sale October 5)
  • Special Batman Day versions of:
    o Batman: The World
    o Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point #1
    o Batman – Knightwatch/Bat-Tech Special Edition #1

DC CONNECT will still be available in its digital format and this issue can be viewed on DC UNIVERSE INFINITE; or downloaded in PDF format at DC CONNECT #14 | DC.

What are you most excited for in this issue of DC Connect? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

15 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:Very interesting.

3 Likes

Both of these books have me pretty excited for completely different reasons. The Milestone books is a long time coming and I hope will continue in further volumes.

I have a special place in my heart for seasonal anthologies and Halloween anthologies are always some of my favorite.

3 Likes

Looking forward to that for sure - John Ridley has written some powerful stuff for DC in recent months and he’s clearly got a unique perspective on Batman and Gotham. That’s going to be a must read for me - probably more than once.

Any idea why DC Connect #13 is not downloadable?

LINK

5 Likes

Milestone Compendium

2 Likes

I hope this is a return to the actual monthly mag that it used to be, rather than the preview pamphlet it became.

3 Likes

Looking forward to more John Ridley Batman stories.

4 Likes

Me Too!

3 Likes
  • Are You Afraid of the Darkseid #1
    The Teen Titans sitting around a campfire trying to scare each other? That sounds fantastic. Looking forward to that one.

• Suicide Squad: King Shark #1
    Has this big ugly ever had his own book before? I’m anxious to get my hands on that one and see what he’s up to as the lead character and coming off the movie the month earlier that one could be a hot seller.

• Black Manta #1
    Hell yes. I’m always up for some Black Manta content so this will absolutely be on my pull list at my local comic shop.

• Deathstroke Inc. #1
    I believe the term is “Shut up and take my money”. I can’t wait to drink in every panel of that goodness.

• Fear State Event
    I am a sucker for a DC comics crossover event so yeah, I’m all in on this and the 1:50 variant cover of Batman #112 - the one that is a Wanted poster of Batman - yeah, that’ll be coming home with me in September.

3 Likes

This sounds awesome. Love me some Chuck Brown goodness and BLACK MANTA is a character I’ve had on the periphery since INJUSTICE/2 so I’ll have to grab this series for sure! :raised_hands::beers::fire:

3 Likes

Definitely the Deathstroke Inc. the Are You Afraid of DARKSIED has my attention. Really enjoy all the prestige format book that have came out recently. Give the art plenty of room to run

4 Likes