DC Community Roll Call: Tell Us About Yourself!

:thinking:Where are you from? Staten Island, NY(originally) Reside in Central PA
:thinking:What or who got you into comics? My father was a big Superman fan and passed down his old comics to me from there. Snowball effect.
:thinking:Do you have a favorite DC character, either superhero or villain? Batman is my favorite DC character. Superman is up there. The Joker is my favorite villain(makes sense being a Batman fan)
:thinking:What comic, TV show, or movie do you recommend to people who have never read comics before? I always recommend the Tim Burton Batman movies first, because I believe it has a good mix of humor and action. The early Batman comics and Superman comics are highly recommended.
:thinking:What’s your perfect casting of your favorite character? Heath Ledger as The Joker was incredible.
:thinking:What are some of your other, non-DC interests? I’m a singer and recording studio artist. I have a studio that I share with two other guys, and we’ve been writing and recording music for more than 16 years.
:thinking:Do you accept pineapple on your pizza? Being a native New Yorker, we like things on our pizza. Have I eaten pizza with pineapple on it? Yes. Do I reccomend it? Nah. But I like he mix of sweet and salty.

My username, ROMANLEGION, has been my Gamertag for more than 15 years. My mother’s family is from Rome and Florence, so I’ve always been a fan of Ancient Roman history. So, if you see the ROMANLEGION on the Battlefield(that was a hint), could be a bad day at the office.

3 Likes

Thanks for introducing yourself, @ROMANLEGION, it’s great to have you here! My dad is a big part of the reason why I like comics, too. I always like seeing other people who have gotten into comics thanks to family. It sounds like you have an awesome job! I did some sound work in high school and wish I could have done more with it, it was very fun. I always liked Roman history, too. Italy is near the top of places I want to travel to. I hope you’re having a great time here, and please let us know if we can do anything for you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We’re currently recording a second full-length album. Eventually, I’ll post where people can listen to my music. My son and I are having a blast reading comics and watching DC content.

5 Likes

Im from Lake Tahoe NV and like to get lost in comic book words cause I’m a lost and sad comic book nerd. I also love to write. Being a writer/director was/is my aspiration, but the art of story is my passion.
Favorite Character- Batman.
But I don’t discriminate, I love all of the DCU multiverse. Celebrating the things I love most is my favorite hobby, so thank you to DCUi and all of its community for helping me do just that. :00_batman_1986:

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Matches-Malone - I’ve seen you around quite a bit recently, but it’s good to formally meet ya!

You should feel right at home with your love of Batman, so many of us here share in that exact same love. So… question: Which actor do you think portrayed Batman the best? I personally go for Keaton, but to each their own!

Thanks so much for sharing with us, can’t wait to see you around more! Let us know if you need anything.

4 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the welcome.
Dang, that’s a great question. I tend to think the actors that have portrayed Batman man really focused on just a slice of the character as a whole.
Keaton is classic and probably the most realistically relatable. Bale was great as the tortured soul finding his way as Batman. Despite popular opinion I really enjoyed Ben. I didn’t like some of Snyder’s choices for the character but I understood them in context. He also fought and moved like Batman should. But I think my all timer (and this may be cheap) is Kevin Conroy

4 Likes

I think a decent amount of people agree with you about Conroy. I also thought Ben did pretty well, I don’t understand why he gets so much criticism. I just love Keaton as Bruce, and his movie was my first real introduction to Batman, so it’s sentimental.

I’m really looking forward to seeing how Pattinson does in the role.

4 Likes

The “You want to get NUTS?” scene is essential Batman viewing haha.
I agree with you about Ben though. He also looked very comic book accurate. You know, I was really disappointed when I heard the news Pattinson was cast. I wasn’t a fan of the twilight days. But I forced myself to educate myself on him and actually after watching all the independent films he’s done in between now and then I’ve grown to be quite excited. I think he’s going to do well and I think the direction the director Reeves is taking it is a good one.
Still I somehow hold out hope that the current Snyderverse lives on

5 Likes

I’m from the United States. My dad got me into comics (and all superhero-related topics). My favorite DC character is The Collapser. If you haven’t read a comic, you should definitely read either the “The Collapser” series (my favorite series EVER) or watch “Harley Quinn”. I think Robert Downey Jr. could give an EXTRAORDINARY performance as The Collapser, as The Collapser and Iron Man have similar personalities. I love to write and sing. Also, OF COURSE pineapple belongs on pizza!

5 Likes

Hey @cozmiccam1205.34242 - Welcome to the community and thanks so much for introducing yourself! :smiley:

I’ve never taken a look at The Collapser so it’s on my reading list for this month :slight_smile: Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll get back to you on if RDJ would fit the role in my opinion!

Do you play any instruments as well as singing? That’s awesome! I’m somewhat of a musician myself!

Let the moderator team know if you ever need anything during your stay here! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Alec.Holland will do. Thanks

4 Likes

Where are you from?
I’m from Owasso, OK
What or who got you into comics?
My uncle bought me a BTAS dvd when I was 4. Been hooked ever since
Do you have a favorite DC character, either superhero or villain?
I love the Joker and Ambush Bug more than any other
What comic, TV show, or movie do you recommend to people who have never read comics before?
I would read Killer Smile, watch Smallville, and for a movie The Dark Knight
What’s your perfect casting of your favorite character?
Tom Welling as Clark Kent
What are some of your other, non-DC interests?
I’m a guitarist, I write poetry, and I enjoy programming
Do you accept pineapple on your pizza?
I accept it, but don’t personally like it

6 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Borderline! BTAS is definitely a great way to be introduced to DC. :slight_smile: Some of my earliest DC memories are of watching it. I hope you have a great time here, and let us know if we can help you with anything!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Borderline.

3 Likes

Welcome @Borderline!

3 Likes

@Green.Lantern, @rwk, @CozmicCam,
Thank you all for the warm welcome!!

5 Likes

Hello neighbor & fellow home of Superman resident. I’m annoyingly proud of Cleveland, Akron & Ohio in general. I’ll never leave. Belated welcome. I didn’t realize this thread was still going? I think I did mine at least 2yrs ago. Haven’t seen it since the 1st x they made improvements. Lost the bookmark.

3 Likes

For some strange reason, I thought I had replied to this, but I guess I didn’t. Sorry for the long wait, but here’s mine. :slightly_smiling_face:

:thinking:Where are you from?
Texas

:thinking:What or who got you into comics?
When I began reading as a child, I was lucky enough to have my mom/dad’s really old comic books they had saved. And I’ve been obsessed with comics ever since.

:thinking:Do you have a favorite DC character, either superhero or villain?

Superman and Batman are hands down my all time favorites.
But I do love so many others. The Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Swamp Thing, Constantine, NightWing, BatGirl, Scarecrow, RedHood, Green Arrow, Harley Quinn, Shazam, Catwoman, Martian Manhunter, Deathstroke, Poison Ivy, Cyborg, Deadshot, Clayface, Blue Beetle, Wonder Woman, Jesse Custer, Mr. Freeze, Riddler, Joker, and Rorshach.

:thinking:What comic, TV show, or movie do you recommend to people who have never read comics before?

----Comics----
Batman - Hush, The Long Halloween, The Court of Owls, The Killing Joke, Batman ReBirth Series, Batman Year One.
Superman - Superman for All Seasons, Superman For Tomorrow, Alll-Star Superman, Superman ReBirth Series.
Action Comics - ReBirth Series.
Detective Comics - ReBirth Series.
Aquaman - The Trench, Aquaman ReBirith Series, Throne of Atlantis, Sub Diego.
The Flash - Flash: Rebirth, The Button, Flashpoint, The Rogue War, The Flash ReBirth Seires.
Green Lantern - No Fear, Blackest Night, Brightest Day
NightWing - ReBirth Series
Swamp Thing - Winter Special, Rotworld
DC’s Bombshells - (I’m a huge Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy fan)

----TV Shows----
Harley Quinn - Animated Series HBO
The Flash - CW
Green Arrow - CW
Titans - HBO
Preacher - AMC
Gotham - FOX
Swamp Thing - HBO
Legends of Tomorrow - CW
SuperGirl - CW
Black Lightning - CW

----Movies-----
Man of Steel
Batman Vs. Superman
1989 Batman
1978 Superman
Aquaman
Justice League
Batman Year One
Shazam
Wonder Woman
The Watchmen
Constantine
The Dark Knight
Justice League The New Frontier
Batman: Under The Red Hood
Superman and Batman: Public Enemies
Batman: Gotham Knight
Suicide Squad
Joker

:thinking:What’s your perfect casting of your favorite character?
Superman - Henry Cavill is my Superman, and Christopher Reeve is my childhood Superman.
Batman - Ben Affleck is my Batman, and Michael Keaton is my childhood Batman.

:thinking:What are some of your other, non-DC interests?
Off-Roading in my Jeeps.
Making Maps (what I do for a living).
Geography.
History & Abandoned Places.
Drawing / Painting.
Watching Documentaries.
Reading.
Customizing DC/Marvel Figures.
Spending Time with Family.

:thinking:Do you accept pineapple on your pizza?
Yes, I love pineapple on my pizza. (Along with everything else, jalepenos, black olives, banana peppers, mushrooms, etc.).

5 Likes

Hi @bigblock66 - I know we’ve talked before but now I can officially welcome you to the community! It sure looks like you’re a huge fan of ALL THINGS DC, so you’re definitely in the right place AND with good company!

Not only that, your “obsession with comics” come from both parents, which is super cool… looks like a family trait :smiley:

While we disagree on jalapenos, everything else on your pizza sounds amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us, we love having you here. Please make sure to let us know if you ever need anything.

5 Likes

Thank you @Barrys.Better.Half . I love talking to all of you.
I thought I had already posted in here, but my mind is … “Wait… Squirrel !!” :rofl:
Anyways, you all Rock. :metal: Love you guys. You all feel like part of my family. Thanks for always being so welcoming.

7 Likes