DC Comics Tournament of Death

Yep

6 Likes

Perhaps a resurrection Poll might be forthcoming one day.

6 Likes

Besides the fun that is the hope to provide an entry into characters or stories, you may not be familiar with.

6 Likes

In the DC Universe, death is just a minor inconvenience.

7 Likes

Temporary state of being unless you are Thomas and Martha Wayne

7 Likes

…or Jonathan Kent (Clark’s dad). :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

Or Tommy Monaghan (Hitman)

7 Likes

Or Donna Troy per Titansemphasized text

6 Likes

Sweet 16 Bracket A

0 voters

6 Likes

Sweet Sixteen Bracket B

0 voters

0 voters

0 voters

7 Likes

Round 2 of the Tournament of Death is up, thanks to all that voted in Round 1. Some results surprised me, especially the Legionnaires not advancing, but understandable as most of their stories were a bit older. In Bracket A Jason Todd received the most votes and Psycho Pirate the least of those who advanced. In Bracket B Max Lord received the most votes of those who advanced and Rorschach the least.
This Round ends next Saturday Night at midnight.

Which vote surprised you the most?

11 Likes

I was surprised the most by Psycho Pirate beating Atomica, as that was one of the most recent deaths. I assumed it would have gotten more votes, shows what I know. Also quite surprised that not a single Legion death advanced, but that is probably my prejudice, as I have always thought the Death of Superboy, Karate Kid and Nemesis Kid were some of the best stories ever written.
I will be extremely curious as to who wins between Batman and Superman.

11 Likes

Legion stories just aren’t as well known, and since a lot of the deaths are paying off years to decades of storytelling, it can be hard to get the full impact when just reading the death issue.

But all the Legion deaths in this tournament were fantastic, easily some of the best written deaths I’ve seen in comics. Shame none of them advanced.

11 Likes

I am also shocked no legionnaire advanced especially superboy. Oh well still some “good” deaths to vote for.

10 Likes

I’m sad the Legion deaths got knocked out too, but not surprised haha Most of these deaths I haven’t gotten around to reading yet so I felt like I wasn’t able to put honest votes in so I’ve just been watching the results come in :"")
I’m curious who will win between Alf and Rorschach :eyes: Bc I know Watchmen is a classic but the Alf death was pretty recent and hasn’t been undone yet as far as I know. (though I think they hinted at it in the latest Robin issue).

8 Likes

I must’ve missed that hint, I will have to reread that issue.

8 Likes

Elite 8 Bracket A

6 Likes

Elite Eight Bracket B

0 voters

0 voters

11 Likes

The Sweet Sixteen is over and we are on to the Elite 8. In Bracket A, Supergirl had the most votes and surprisingly Jason Todd the least of those advancing. In Bracket B Superman had the most votes and Max Lord the Least in Advancing. Please comment on whom you want to advance or what ones surprised you. This round will go through Sunday at midnight as I will be traveling that day.

10 Likes

Man, Jason Todd vs Terra was a hard match up for me to decide. :sob:

10 Likes