DC Comics Proudly Presents: BLUE & GOLD, Available July 20th!

DC Comics Proudly Presents ‘Blue & Gold’ by Dan Jurgens and Ryan Sook!

DC’s two favorite underdogs (Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, not Dan and Ryan) launch their own eight-issue miniseries!

Michael Carter, aka Booster Gold. A scoundrel from the future armed with stolen technology, a time machine and a robot pal named Skeets, is intent on making a name for himself in the past!

Ted Kord, aka Blue Beetle. The inheritor of a proud legacy of crimefighting who had no powers to speak of, but who carried on the Blue Beetle legacy with just his wits and his fists…is armed with a whole lot of gadgets and a sharp sense of humor!

Together, they’re going to make headlines in DC Comics’ Blue & Gold , a limited eight-issue miniseries by Dan Jurgens and Ryan Sook launching this July!

Desperate to regain the spotlight, Booster Gold looks to attract the public’s (and Justice League’s) attention the same way any washed-up, second-rate hero would—social media. The not-so-tech-savvy hero from the 25th century enlists the help of his best friend, Blue Beetle, who possesses both the money and the brains to help his old pal navigate the scary world of internet influencers.

Watch out, evildoers, our heroes are live and online!

Don’t miss Dan Jurgens’s triumphant return to Booster Gold, teaming with all-star artist Ryan Sook ( Legion of Super-Heroes ), telling a tale filled with heart…and maybe even redemption for DC’s two favorite underdogs!

Blue & Gold #1 (of 8) by Dan Jurgens and Ryan Sook arrives on July 20 with a cover by Sook ($3.99) and a card stock variant cover by Dave Johnson ($4.99).

Are you hyped for Blue Beetle & Booster Gold to have their own eight-issue miniseries? Let us know in the comments below!

27 Likes

I’m in

5 Likes

Booster Gold is one character I’ve always liked but haven’t read enough of. Blue Beetle, too, for that matter. So I have high hopes for this series. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oh hell yes! I’m all in for this one! The boys are back in town!!

5 Likes

Shut up and take my money!

5 Likes

Can’t wait to read this! I love a good team stories! :grinning:

4 Likes

Cant wait, use to live the hijinks they got up to, and their friendship. Wonder, how its going to play with evil Ted though.

3 Likes

5 Likes

I do like the $3.99 price as opposed to$ 6 and $8

5 Likes

Looking forward to this. Despite the fact that I don’t super love these two, I don’t think they get enough attention and I’m excited to see where this goes

6 Likes

Oh yeaaa!!!

4 Likes

Bwahaha! So pumped!

4 Likes

You should read his debut series. Only 25 issues and sooooooooooo good! :00_booster_gold:

They were also just released in two hardcover volumes for your convenience.

4 Likes

I loved Ryan’s work on LSH (would love to see a lot more of it - hint hint!) so this should be good

3 Likes

31 years may be a long time to wait, but it’s finally here! (Well, almost.)

3 Likes

I love this direction overall of giving smaller heroes mini or maxi series. Blue Beetle and Booster Gold aren’t my favorite but I just love that they will have a book. I look forward to the same treatment for other heroes that aren’t on the A-list.

5 Likes

Nice! I love the Blue Beetle lore, so I’m really excited to see what cool story arcs this series will bring!

Anyone else looking for anything particular from this series? :eyes:

3 Likes

Green Lantern is back!!!

3 Likes

I haven’t read much Booster Gold. Whenever I see the name I think of the Smallville character. lol.

4 Likes

Super stoked for this! Now if DC could bring back other fun characters like Firestorm, Metamorpho, Atom, and pre-lord of Hell Blue Devil, I’d be even happier.

6 Likes