DC Comics On Max

Yesterday I had a ok kind of day, so I was in the mood to watch Batman: Mystrey Of Batwoman. To my shock, Max has remove alot of DC animated movies! :frowning:
I hope Max bring them back, what if someone wanted to watch Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm? I think removing any DC stuff should be off limit on the streaming service, I did however enjoy watching Batman Forever & Superman The Movie.
At least they didn’t remove my two favorite animated series Batman & Superman, speaking of Superman, Season 2 of My Adventures with Superman start at the end of this (May)month! Can’t wait for it! :smiley:

12 Likes

I hope they bring a lot of the DC animated movies back as well! Honestly, I think Max should keep as many DC shows and movies on the platform as possible.

10 Likes

When Max took over DC streaming app the least they could have done is continue to give us the same content. I miss being able to see the comics on the app on my TV. I hope they haven’t taken all the ones I haven’t gotten to see yet

13 Likes

I think that if Max continues to remove DC shows/movies, DCUI should put the shows and movies back on their service… Just sayin’ :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Honestly, they took the DC movies and TV shows away from DCUI because of Max. If Max isn’t going to show them, they might as well bring them back here!

7 Likes

I’m down for the DCU streaming service with comics again. I guess they wouldn’t get as many views as being on Max but if they aren’t showing them anyways

7 Likes

Only 11 animagted movies on there - no Lego ones included. Maybe they could treat the Lego films and the DCAMU as series in how they place them on the menu, if they want a higher concentration of high-profile films in there. Although it seems like the more Max adds news and sports, the less DC content they will provide.

8 Likes

I was looking at other streaming services and realizing how many DC shows and movies are going to outside streaming sources. Max had real potential to me to become a place people wanted to go. When they announced Batgirl, before the shelving fiasco, I genuinely thought Max would become a premiere spot to go for DC content. Since Discovery took over it just hasn’t happened. It feels like they don’t want it to shine at all. I am hoping Gunn can make it all feel different with his films. DC deserves to have a place it can be highlighted properly, including its movie and TV content. It makes me miss how DCUI was originally. I want to be optimistic though and really hope they find a way to spotlight their DC content better. Max needs that content as well.

6 Likes

I have noticed a lot of DC content going to other streaming services as well. Tubi has a bunch of them, including Swamp Thing (the recent series), Gotham, and Stargirl.

5 Likes

For a while basically everything DC in TV and movies was on Max (or in public domain), but that is far from the case now.

I remember when the only big things Max was missing was the Flash 1990 and the Aquaman pilot.

6 Likes

So bummed and annoyed. They took all my comfort movies. Even majority of Tommorrowverse. I went to catch up when Crisis pt 1 was released and now there is nothing to catch up on.

8 Likes

Time for a library trip.

5 Likes

This makes absolutely no sense. All the Tomorrowverse movies came out after the launch of (HBO) Max so there shouldn’t have been any old licensing deals forcing them off the service like what’s happened w/ a lot of other movies/shows. You’d especially think they’d wanna keep all those movies together especially ahead of Crisis capping off that whole universe, but nope. Just another reason to keep physical media alive

5 Likes

I am not going to renew my MAX subscription when it comes due in September, just not enough DC content on it and nothing much comes out anymore for DC. At least I have House of the Dragon to look forward to in June.

3 Likes

They will have new episodes of My Adv w Superman and new episodes of Penguin. Outside of that (and the last two installments of Crisis), it appears to be a lean forthcoming year of DC content on Max.

If you compare 2024’s output to ten years ago, 2014 saw three Arrowverse series, plus Gotham, Constantine, Beware the Batman, and several animated films. 15 years ago - 2009 - we had full seasons of Smallville and Brave and Bold and the release of Watchmen, plus 4? animated films
Max didn’t exist then, and all that wouldn’t have been on Max if it had. I personally feel like the DC material Max is creating for 2024 is acceptable, but still seems inclined to test how little we will settle for.

4 Likes