DC Collectible News

Or in-store as well.

scans a brand-new item that has no street date or anything else that would hold back its release

“Please see associate? Okay, fine. I like Target employees so I’ll do that.” I say to myself after I’ve scanned an item.

EDIT: @Row.Harper and anyone else interested, the DPCI for Page Punchers is 087-16-5967.They rang up on-screen and on my receipt as “McFarl Figure”.

5 Likes

In-hand images of Super Powers figures from McFarlane courtesy of toynewsi.

10 Likes

WANT.

7 Likes

Understatement of the year for me. I intend to not miss a single release in this line. I may even buy doubles of a few to keep carded, something I have never done before.

8 Likes

Sweet, I hope to get them all

6 Likes

It seriously irks me that McFarlane seems to purposely make things out of scale but I will have a hard time resisting. I really want to see how the cape connects because that looks strange like it’s glued to his shoulder blades or something.

6 Likes

As The Simpsons’ Waylon Smithers once said in regards to a toy he wanted, “I want it! I want it!”

It goes without saying that I absolutely want these!

Dude, I’m definitely getting doubles. :+1:t2:

Best get used to it, because once you buy doubles (even on an occasional basis), it’s a practice that will become commonplace in the long haul. :nerd_face:

SN: I love that these have the original McFarlane Toys logo on them. Such a cool thing to see a DC/Kenner/McFarlane throwback all in one package (literally and figuratively).

@moro Any word on TNI for where these have shown up? Darkseid’s on eBay in decent numbers, so he’s hitting some retailer, somewhere.

5 Likes

Speaking of Target and DC Retro, they also have the Batmobile and Batcave on sale for $20.99 each (appears to be online-only).

Target also has the 4-inch Heroes Unite figures on clearance for $3.99. Pricing may vary at other stores, but the locales I went to yesterday, Tuesday, all had them at half-off.

I’m set on them, but for the price of what one figure normally sold for, I was admittedly tempted to grab duplicates of Reverse Flash and Gold Superman to noodle around with at my work desk.

I’m hoping the clearance of old stock brings forth the repacked figures Walmart has, along with something new cough Brainiac cough.

7 Likes

Was never a stickler for scale. My collection is all over the place, and these are likely to get their own section. No resistance here!

They mention that Darkseid’s in ebay like you said, and the pics were courtesy of a Mario on “Social Media” :man_shrugging:.

7 Likes

Every Darkseid on eBay as of this writing is from the south. Haven’t seen Superman yet, though.

6 Likes

I hear that, but if they’re going to pretend to be Super Powers I think it would be awesome if they could stand side by side without a 1.25” difference in height. Especially if the line is as diverse as McFarlane’s usual offerings it would be neat to mix/expand.

7 Likes

Mattel’s Super Powers aren’t in scale with the Kenner product, but they’re still spiffy, all the same.

As someone who was only a baby when Kenner Super Powers came and went from retail, I am psyched to be getting new Super Powers figures that I can walk into a major retailer for and buy at retail prices (of course, I have no idea where Darkseid and Palz are going to appear, but I assume it’ll be Target, Walmart and the like).

Sure, they’re not by Kenner and don’t have Power Action features, but as an absolute mark for any Super Powers figures I can get (and I have no shame in admitting that), I will happily buy McFarlane/DC Direct’s offerings, no matter if they scale with another company’s output or not. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good point about expanding the existing collection, though this seems more of a Super Powers reboot than a continuation. Maybe Kenner/Hasbro have some legal rights to the original molds, and matching scale would have been iffy? In any case, I actually prefer the slightly larger figures.

6 Likes

@Vroom

I think you & I are gonna pop a vein from excitement before these hit the market :joy:

6 Likes

Very likely!

If I hear a loud “POP!” come from CA’s way, I’ll know its you. :joy:

6 Likes

Some additional Super Powers pics from toynyewsi

Comparison pics from ItsAllTrue on Facebook

@SWhite

The cape has the little neck band.

Also, I measured my original Kenner SP Superman and it’s over 4.5” in height. Not sure where the 3.75” on wikis & such comes from. The comparison shots above show the new line to be only a smidgen taller than the original. Scale may not be that big an issue :man_shrugging:.

10 Likes

Thanks for this update. That first pic is a real confidence booster and it’s nice they are not dramatically out of scale. I’m in a collecting downswing right now and thinking of doing a sell off (no, not my SP Clark) but I don’t think I could resist getting the Trinity if they finish it. And then the original 7. And oh is that a Dr Fate? Well, I got the first few I might as well get the rest. And now I’m broke.

10 Likes

Nah… from what I read they’re gonna be priced around $10 apiece. Not looking at Mezco or import prices here :slightly_smiling_face:.

9 Likes

Except Mezco prices are spread out over the multi-year waiting period!

9 Likes

:rofl:

7 Likes