DC Collectible News

Its certainly possible to have all of that from several lines, but for every line that has ever existed since the 1964 debut of the action figure?

Highly doubt it. Who would really want every figure, anyway?

I’ve been collecting since 1988, and there’s a ton of stuff I’ve said “Yeah, no thanks.” to.

And just how many Chuck E. Cheese tokens did said PhD cost him, I wonder? :wink:

7 Likes

Recently revealed Target exclusive McFarlane goodies on-card/in-box:

I’m going to call it now and say that’s the best Julie Newmar Catwoman figure, ever. It beats out the Figures Toy Company, Funko and Mattel pieces by a very wide margin.

Also, the picture of Ms. Newmar on the cardback represents a change. Usually, the picture is of the figure itself, not the character as they appeared in the show as Catwoman’s cardback shows. Maybe this is a new update in the packaging?

More Superman-related Gold Label product is always welcome.

Not sure how I feel about that one. I really dig the regular release in the trenchcoat, but sans trench? :thinking: Going to have to think it over, especially since I’m still reading Future State: Dark Detective.

Owlman (which completes the Earth-3 Trinity :partying_face:), Julie Kitty and Rebirth Lex are all absolute pick-ups though, as they look awesome.

6 Likes

This is said to have recently been given out to social media influencers by Black Adam himself:

That side of the box really rams it into your eyeholes that its a Black Adam figure. :joy_cat:

That BA does have the gold boots and gauntlets (along with a more pronounced lightning bolt on his chest than the other Multiverse versions we’ve seen recently), so it looks like Teth will indeed have a reasonably comic-accurate suit at some point in the movie.

Question is: Will that figure be released to retail, or was it just a special one-off for the media event DJ gave 'em out at?

I say it will see retail release, but I imagine the person who paid $900 (plus $10.70 for shipping) for it on eBay is certainly hoping its a one-off.

8 Likes

I kinda like the trenchcoated figure a bit more too (Knightmare vibes, plus the coat subs in nicely for a cape), but I don’t remember seeing that look in the comic. This new version is how I remember him running around, but my memory has failed me before.

Didn’t they announce this version on their social media recently? Can’t tell if the gold features are obscured by the lighting, or if it’s yet another variant.

8 Likes

The version I showed from eBay has the gold boots and gauntlets that the other one doesn’t.

It might not be overly visible in-package, but from the loose/opened photos I saw of the one seen on eBay, its much different than the recently-featured versions we’ve seen promo images of.

Also, the one seen on eBay doesn’t have a Collect to Build piece. So, either that’s a BA that will be in the basic assortment and debut alongside the CTB wave, or its another version we haven’t yet got any press for.

7 Likes

Thanks for that breakdown. In all honesty, McFarlane Multiverse is the first figure line I follow and collect closely from the beginning. I find the sheer number of variants staggering. It’s nice to have choice of flavor to pick from, but often I don’t know what surprise version is around the corner (cough, McFarlane designed WW, cough) so I end up with more than I bargained for. Sound business for McFarlane I guess.

8 Likes

Am i wrong or does it look like the face doesn’t use the printing technology? (That even Mattel had adopted towards the end?)

6 Likes

Ok. That’s where I was at headspace-wise. I know there’s a million ways to have worded that & all would’ve been better, but, headspace-wise it is, not mentally, headspace-wise lol. Yeah, seriously tho. I’m calling b$ on it. Like one trip to his place, knock on door. I heard your claim. Could I see the entire line of Centurions please? Umm…hmmm, let me look around for a few years & I’ll call u when I buy…errr…err…find them I mean.

6 Likes

:thinking: Its hard to tell.

Its a pretty solid sculpt either way, so I’m definitely smelling (and buying) what they’re cooking.

Power Xtreme!

7 Likes

These aren’t collectibles in the traditional sense, but they are fun to collect:

Credit to @DC89 a while back (I believe it was her, at least) for informing us that new DC-based Hershey’s bars were on the way, and now we’ve got a glimpse of who’s in the new group, including Yara. :hugs:

I wonder if all 10 will feature newer characters (if the GL bar is Jo Mullein, I will be very happy), or if the Future State Trinity is an exception, and the other 7 will be of traditional characters.

Either way, I’mma get my Hershey’s fix on when these start to hit! :drooling_face:

7 Likes

Found these on an upcoming Multiverse product list o’er at Toyark:

DC Multiverse 7In - Superman (Future State: Worlds Of War) Superstar

DC Multiverse 7In - Talon

DC Multiverse 7In - Batman (Speeding Bullets) Superstar

DC Multiverse 7In - Robin (Tim Drake Red Suit Variant) (Gold Label)

DC Multiverse 7In - Superman (Hush) (Angry Laser Eyes Variant) (Gold Label)

DC Multiverse 7In - Shazam! (Gold Label)

Thoughts:

• More Future State figures are always welcome. Now how about Yara Flor, Jesse Quick, Jo Mullein and Immortal Wonder Woman? Please Todd, pretty please. :slight_smile:

• A McFarlane Talon would be most welcome. I’m hoping this is the Court of Owls’ Talon soldier, and not the Talon who later had an ongoing during The New 52 (who I’d like a figure of also, but not before the soldier-style Talon gets one).

• Speeding Bullets has never had figures before, so a Batman from that is a neat choice.

• The “red suit variant” Tim Drake Robin makes me hopeful that’s his classic look. :crossed_fingers:t2:

• I’ll take all the Hush figures McFarlane wants to make (especially Poison Ivy), so Angry Eyes Superman is a must.

• A regular comic-style Shazam will be a welcome addition to the line, and its burgeoning Justice League. If they really want to surprise us, Mary from the upcoming The New Champion of Shazam mini would be an inspired choice, and add another female to the mix.

IDK what the “Superstar” label for the FS Superman and SB Batman means, just yet. Maybe a variant of some kind? A replacement for Platinum Editions?

7 Likes

Interesting I’ll definitely pick up the two Superman, Shazam, and Mr. Drake. Probably Talon as well.

7 Likes

was surfing Walmart and found these two surprising older/OOP figures selling for retail price ($20)

McFarlane Golden Eagle Armor Wonder Woman

Mattel Multiverse Vixen

7 Likes

If the Talon listed is the Court of Owls iteration, then I might army build it.

I’m not usually an army builder, but I did buy 7 of Spin Master’s 4-inch Talon for a little diorama I put together, so I could be inclined to pick up a few of the McFarlane version as well.

6 Likes

Toynewsi also has a list of rumored releases; couple more in this one. Copying & pasting bellow:

15269 Dc Multiverse 7In - Hal Jordan Parallax (Gold Label) 787926152692

15277 Dc Multiverse 7In - Ocean Master (Gold Label) 787926152777

15298 Dc Multiverse 7In - Az-Bat (Knightfall) (Gold Label) 787926152982

15248 Dc Multiverse 7In - Scarecrow (Infinite Frontier) 787926152487

15272 Dc Multiverse 7In - Superman (Future State: Worlds Of War) Superstar 787926152722

15274 Dc Multiverse 7In - Static Shock (New52) 787926152746

15284 Dc Multiverse 7In - Talon 787926152845

15288 Dc Multiverse 7In - Deathstroke (Dc Rebirth) 787926152883

15321 Dc Multiverse 7In - Batman (Speeding Bullets) Superstar 787926153217

15322 Dc Multiverse 7In - Batrocitus (Dark Metal) Superstar 787926153224

15339 Dc Multiverse 7In - Robin (Tim Drake Red Suit Variant)(Gold Label) 787926153392

15554 Dc Multiverse 7In - Superman (Hush) (Angry Laser Eyes Variant)(Gold Label) 787926155549

15287 Dc Multiverse 7In - Dark Flash (Speed Metal) (Gold Label) 787926152876

15293 Dc Multiverse 7In - Shazam! (Gold Label) 787926152937

15107 Dc Multiverse - Batman 30Th Anniversary (Gold Label) (Nycc) 787926151077

15461 Dc Multiverse Multipack - Bat Family 5 Pack (Gold Label) 787926154610

15466 Dc Gaming Build-A 7In Figures Wv1 - Arkham City - Batman 787926154665

15467 Dc Gaming Build-A 7In Figures Wv1 - Arkham City - The Penguin 787926154672

15468 Dc Gaming Build-A 7In Figures Wv1 - Arkham City - Catwoman 787926154689

15469 Dc Gaming Build-A 7In Figures Wv1 - Arkham City - Ra’S Al Ghul 787926154696

It’s nice to see Supes listed a couple times on the list. He-Ma… er… Future State Superman is a figure I very much look forward to. Right up McFarlane’s alley.

Also, hope if the Hush Supes has Poison Ivy vines, that they’re a removable accessory, not molded into the figure, like DCD’s old release.

Had to look up Speeding Bullets. So that’s Kal as Batman? I must read this… and get the figure…

8 Likes

New Red Hood and Scarecrow figures

7 Likes

Hey, you stole from my list, which I stole from Toyark! :wink:

I sure hope that Gold Label Az-Bat is the 1993 AzBats, because he’s long overdue for a new figure.

The Gaming CTB figures are intriguing. I read somewhere about the CTB being Solomon Grundy, which would be rad. Not just for the Arkham subset, but to use alongside the Injustice Dr. Fate and the JSA members from the Black Adam wave(s) as well.

6 Likes

But but but I never implied it was my

Bah…

That’s what you get when you try to share excitement over pieces of plastic, people call you a thief… hmf…

In a joking mood

6 Likes

I’m always in a joking mood. :grin:

6 Likes

Some neat ones to look forward too.

6 Likes