DC Collectible News

I don’t know how to account for it because Pops are often simplified looking but these give me a greater appreciation for the costumes than anything McFarlane did.

6 Likes

I get it. What I can’t figure out when it comes to Batman’s suit is, is it all black, or different shades of grey & black. These pops, and the DC Direct statue, make it seem like the latter, while in McFarlane’s figures and whatever I can make out from the dark trailers it looks all black to my eyes. I very much would appreciate some contrast to bring out all the details. We’ll see in a couple months.

3 Likes

I hope it’s closer to the Pop look. Even if it’s dark on film it’s nice to think there’s something new going on. My mental picture when I think of McFarlane’s figure is just black plastic.

4 Likes

this is a couple months old and evidently sold out, but interesting in that Mattel seems to have found a way to sneak out a figure based on The Batman (inside a hyper-detailed $500 RC car)

sneaky sneaky!

4 Likes

For the print collectors. Today 1/11 @ 12est.

4 Likes

Gamespot’s having a discount on figures, few bucks off some Multiverse stuff

3 Likes

Walmart has their exclusive Multiverse King Shark back in stock. i didn’t expect they’d restock it. it had already doubled on the secondary market.

3 Likes

I’m going to try to get Penguin.

4 Likes

Multiverse Rebirth Batman

fans: can we get a comic version of Wonder W–
McFarlane: A FULLY RESCULPTED THIRD VERSION OF REBIRTH BATMAN YOU GOT IT

6 Likes

The two versions of Death Metal, and this one, right?

This one looks very Jason Fabok-y. I feel I must have it and put it next to Rebirth Supes. Speaking of which… perhaps Rebirth Wonder Woman is on the horizon?

5 Likes

Yeah. And I agree, I see Fabok, too. Looking at the head again, it’s the spitting image of the DC Essentials Batman sculpt

3 Likes

I hope they clean up the paint or at least make it consistent. The legs look like they have a wash and then the underoos have nothing.
And it looks like Bruce was gettin kissy with the new Clayface.

Also, new Damian revealed.

I’m sure it’s a display consistency but man does Todd love to waste materials on packaging.

7 Likes

I really like the Damian head sculpt and if I thought Todd would ever do a Super Sons Jon I’d get this to swap heads with the first Damian figure.
It still haunts me that I skipped the DCC Super Sons set.

3 Likes

yeah i really like how stylized this Damian head is! hopefully the body’s not six feet tall this time. agreed about the wash on Batman, too. and it looks like the head has that production defect where the plastic has kind of a split running through it?

f39d3ffd456d2dc847e296af5944300035b4d964

really weird that they used such an ugly production sample for promotion.

2 Likes

new pics of Robin out and it, Batman, and Clayface are starting to go up for preorder

oh and

5 Likes

funko pop the batman is coming soon

5 Likes

I am sooo getting this Damian figure. Very cool! :+1: :00_robin:

:00_harlivy: :cobb_squad: :harleybathqtas: :harleys_crew:

6 Likes

apparently there’s an unmasked variant and you can get both versions in a bundle for $25 in the McFarlane store…??? why wouldn’t they just include the alternate head with the regular release instead of selling an entire separate fig for $5? this company makes no sense!!!

3 Likes

IKR? Alternate head in a single figure pack makes sense, not two figures with one having a very slight deviation to it sold seperately. :flushed:

4 Likes

I’m not that fond of unmasked variants, but I can see the value there for those that would like to display both versions, instead of alternating.

4 Likes