DC Collectible News

:eyes: WOW. I thought that the $35.99 that I had paid of the good monies for this figure of the Kate was a lot.

#OnWedsIChannelStarfire

5 Likes

Regarding the spoiler, that is precisely the mediocre level of quality that I have come to expect from Culturefly :joy:

Not to say that they haven’t made the occasional item that is worth its salt, but on average I’d say that they don’t quite reach the level I would hope for in a “exclusive, premium subscription box”

4 Likes

to be fair, i don’t know that those complaints apply to this actual cup, it’s just a standard complaint against that style product i’ve seen no matter who the manufacturer or licensee is. in recent years i’ve been excited about Star Trek and Doctor Who color-changing mugs until i read the reviews!

4 Likes

Likewise. Those who turn their nose up at it because they see the line as “preschool toys” are missing out.

I don’t know many lines that fit a “preschool toys” label where you can find…

• Assassins:

• Crime bosses:

• Dolphin-loving, planet-fragging badasses:

…and a lot more in. Much like Hasbro’s Superhero Squad line that featured Punisher, Deadpool, Ghost Rider and other characters that aren’t really fit for kids, but look cute in a preschool-esque design.

4 Likes

Mego Cavill Supes and Gadot Wondy

everyone BUT batman! mego are the anti-McFarlane foretold in prophecy

7 Likes

Zounds and gadzooks! The product and package artwork match! Marty Abrams must be reading this forum.

Surely. :smirk:

:newspaper: News! :newspaper:

Wave 2 of the DC-based Heroes of Goo Jit Zu Minis are out:

I snagged the “rare” GL a few days ago at the food jobber. Moose packs their “rare” and “super rare” figures in every case, so these aren’t rare at all.

Still, a GITD John is pretty schnazzy. I don’t collect this line, but seeing as I randomly came across GITD John, I decided to nab him for kicks.

New from McFarlane:

Platinum Rebirth Superman:

Its the Superman action figure that can double as a statue of The Man of Steel! Hot. Dog!

4 Likes

Supes looks better than I expected, and Wondy looks worse… that hair.

4 Likes

I swear Todd is driving me up the wall. For the love of God, use that sculpt to make a traditional Superman.

The gooey figures are, gross. The ones on the pegs in my Target have the chest emblems rubbed off from folks poking through the hole to touch ‘em.

Still, nice to see some new unexpected DC product!

4 Likes

Ah mon frere, the figures I highlighted are not the “Walk on up and gimme a squeeze!” variety that Target and the rest sell.

These are small figures (2-inch, +/-) and completely sealed in their blister. Nobody’s getting their sticky figures on the mini-figures unless they open them after they’ve purchased 'em.

The few Goo Jitzu Minis I have are all carded. I’m not into squishing my figures, afterall.

Well, if a Power Girl came along, one-

stops and clears throat

So, toys! Toys rock, especially DC-based toys. :metal:t2: :clark_hv_4:

6 Likes

+

=

snl-saturday-night-live

Preternia’s got more pics and the rest of the wave on Twitter

3 Likes

Red Hood also comes with finger guns, which don’t appear to be freakishly undersized

4 Likes

I feel bad that he has to fight crime in a corset.

5 Likes

i know he’s supposed to be the most tortured member of the family but the crotch straps are cheating, he put those on himself

4 Likes

Take away the pants and sleeves and it’s basically a 90’s costume for women.

3 Likes

you-want-this-dont-you

BG BG BG! :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

i hope they glue her hair down better in production!

3 Likes

It looks pretty solid in the final packaging shot. :+1:

6 Likes

Damn it, and here I was, ready to pass on the Gotham Knights figures.

I’m still going to pass on them most likely, but that Babs…

4 Likes

:joy:

Thanks for the chuckle!

4 Likes

Anytime, Collecting Chum™, anytime. :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes