DC Collectible News

The Multiverse Mega Swamp Thing stands revealed!

That’s probably the variant edition (given the horn thingamobobs), but even so, it’s cool, and if the regular edition is as good, I’ll be a happy camper!

CC: @Alec.Holland Look! :point_up:t2:

3 Likes

:eyes: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Right? :green_heart:

1 Like

After the Target Batman Year Two debacle I have a bad taste for McFarlane events.

2 Likes

I’m happy to finally be seeing images of the Mega Swamp Thing.

Etrigan, Lobo and Swamp Thing were my top three most-wanted figures from McFarlane when the Multiverse line began last year. I have one, am anticipating the other and will absolutely pick up the last of that Trinity (of sorts), so its a good news day for me.

The Three Jokers set sounds interesting. No pictures of it yet, but it sounds like its all three Jokers in one box. If that’s the case, and they’re identical to the individual releases, I’ll snag the box and skip the singles.

1 Like

I have it and it’s pretty cool but I don’t know if it’s $180 cool. I got lucky and got it on eBay for cheaper and I’ve seen it go on semi sale on BBTS but neither of those is a sure thing if you really want it.
It’s a solid figure and supports itself easily and the light up function is cool.

1 Like

I second this @DC89 :smirk:

2 Likes

:star_struck: :astonished: :flushed:

Although since it is Kirby-esque, what other villain rocks a mean pair of thigh high boots while having countless universes across the multiverse tremble beneath them? :fire:

Darkseid is beyond prêt-à-porter! Kneel before him!” - Granny Goodness :rofl:

3 Likes

antlerless Swamp Thing up for pre-order at Amazon

6 Likes

:laughing: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

@Alec.Holland You buyin’?

An in-box image of Swampy:

5 Likes

81ht9Fik8cL.AC_SL1500

Would You Display Him With His Hand Or His Ingrown Artichoke?
  • Hand
  • Artichoke

0 voters

3 Likes

It’s beautiful!

4 Likes

It is!

Depending on when he comes out (Amazon lists November, but their dates are never correct, unless its a strict street date set by WBCP), I might nab the Gamestop edition (with horns) for myself, then ask “Santa” for the regular one for Christmas.

Or a birthday gift, if he isn’t out prior to Christmas, and instead debuts around January, but I think he’ll be out before that. :crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

Gamestop preorders up forrrr

Gamestop exclusive(i think?) Antler Swamp Thing McFarlane Toys Megafig DC Collector Swampthing Variant Action Figure | GameStop

and Killing Joke Joker (maybe Gamestop exclusive?) McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Batman: Three Jokers - The Jokers Killing Joke 7-In Action Figure | GameStop

3 Likes

Target’s running their $10-off-$50 and $25-off-$100 toy promo, and it includes the Swamp Thing preorder (as well as their exclusive Metal Batman, Dr. Fate Wonder Woman, and Flashpoint Batman).

1 Like

:eyes:

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to the movie but man that’s a boring Catwoman and Riddler.
I’m ready for something akin to BTAS in live action. In the middle of serious attitude and Batman Forever (no campiness).

3 Likes

100% agree. i’ve joked that the next Batman movie’s going to be so “grounded” that they’ll remove the silly “Batman” parts

steve

i will say Catwoman’s eyes look good, and it kinda looks like the trading cards feature photos of the figures? that would be cool, some action figure photography instead of a reprint of a marketing graphic. someone also pointed out it looks like the Penguin’s on the back of the boxes.

3 Likes

Alfred: sir, the gcpd has been tweeting the Steve signal
Steve: Alfred, you know Im staying off Twitter until I’ve finished Squid Game

1 Like