DC Collectible News

finally someone acknowledges that the real hero is the batmobile!

3 Likes

Exactly!!! He also did prints of the Tumbler, plus the '89 and '66 Batmobiles. Just do a search on ebay for Matt Ferguson Batman.

3 Likes

I was in Spirit Halloween this morning and saw a few cool DC things

This joker mask has a movable chin so the mouth opens when you talk

There was a whole Harley Quinn section and this looked a lot better than I’d have expected

They’re actually metal and pretty heavy!

2 Likes

3 Likes

I look forward to finding out too late. It would be icing on the cake to have the order cancelled just so they can put “mine” back up for preorder so someone else can have it. Great way to fix the problem.

3 Likes

I fear that’s already happened :joy:

Folks on Instagram today were reporting they were able to reorder, even making use of a current promotion and paying less than they did the first time around. Of course when I checked it was sold out.

If this was a special Superman figure I’d be more upset about this. Here’s hoping if/when they make a unique Superman, they don’t offer it as a big store exclusive.

3 Likes

And if they do (and I’m sure they will), then it will be offered as regular exclusives typically are, and not have online pre-ordering hoops one has to jump through.

If I have to jump through hoops to pre-order a One-Man JLA Superman box set, I will, but by gum, I won’t be happy about it. No, sir. I’ll cross my arms like Mr. Horse, from Ren and Stimpy, and say “No sir, I don’t like it.”

2 Likes

I mean… online pre-ordering is pretty simple. We do it elsewhere all the time without any hoops. I actually prefer the online option since the stores in my area rarely carry anything I want. Given that these are mass manufactured, and the fact that they should have a clear picture of demand after two years of selling these things, it shouldn’t be that hard to offer pre-orders and satisfy your customers at the same time.

Like your suggestion. One Man JLA is right up McFarlane’s alley :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

I don’t have any problems with pre-ordering, generally speaking. It is easy peasy, but I just prefer to buy stuff when its actually available, be it online or in-store.

Situations like the Year Two Batman are precisely why I’m glad I rarely pre-order anything. That said, I do sympathize with those who’ve had to jump through hoops for it and I wish them the best in getting the figure.

Thank you. I’ve got a giant pile of product suggestions that would elicit reactions of “Yeah!”, “Oh my God, yes!” and “Let’s do it!” from Todd.

2 Likes

Should I Ante Up The Sheckles For This Intergalactic Sourpuss?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Is Ya’ Cray DC89- He Costs $180!!!
  • Yeah Sure, Why Not? He’ll Look Super Snazzy Next To Your One:12 Diana Fig

0 voters

4 Likes

For me, it would depend on what else is on my collecting radar, as to whether or not I’d buy that.

Given what $180 could land me in McFarlane, Spin Master, Kenner and elsewhere Lands, I’d hold off.

But…if there’s nothing else you’d sooner spend that scratch on, then go for it!

So…yes and no. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Vroom- had to change the One:12 spelling. Maybe go back in and re-vote. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

That’d be the third time, now. :nerd_face:

Things I do for my collecting pals…:wink:

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning: :hugs:

I like it because he’s sculpted in the original Kirby style. Very classic. I also don’t like it because it’s sculpted in the original Kirby style- he’ll look dated next to my more modern DC figure versions. Hmm… what to do. What to do.

2 Likes

If you’ve a jones for fresh Darkseid-flavored plastic, you could always nab one of the Four Horsemen-sculpted takes on him:

From 2006 (and my all-time fav Mattel fig of Cap’n D-bag):

The above, but repainted in more modern (at the time) colors, and from 2007:

Both sell for a lot less than 180 bones.

Then there’s this honey of a piece, by DC Collectibles:

Given what people are asking for the above on eBay, the One:12 iteration is a steal. :smiley:

Obligatory Kenner nod:

He sells for much less than 180 smackers. :grin:

1 Like

I’m def not paying out the kajillion-billions of:heavy_dollar_sign: sellers on eBay want for this. Talk about cray pricing. :eyes:

Hmmm. Need a Darkseid figure but he always costs sooo much.

2 Likes

If you want Darkseid in die-cast, here’s one of his Jada Toys releases:

Yeah, it may not go with jack or **** (gotta channel Ash! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) in your collection, but he is cool, plus…there’s Batman, Brainiac, Bizarro and Lobo to go with him!

1 Like

are they still using the New 52 design??? get thee behind me, Jim Lee!

2 Likes

:laughing:

I like the die-cast figures, but I want something that fits into the 6" to 8" range. I’d get the Snyder Cut version but he’s too movie-ish- looking for something more in the modern comics version style. Maybe I’ll just keep waiting until something comes along that fits my need.

2 Likes

:laughing:

I need your input Mr. @biff_pow-

2 Likes