DC collectors- look Here!

I freaking loved the Mattel versions. They still hold up.
Let me know if you need the New JL Exclusive Green Lantern ( Jon Stewart.) I’m selling him for a good price MIB.

They shipped me two GL instead of one Martin Manhunter.

I love the Mattel ones too, it’s just that once you have so many versions of a character (or characters) from certain material, you kind of want a break from them. I love Superman in JL and JLU and sold nearly all of my JLU collection two years ago and I’m still on the fence about the DCC version.

I’m not planning on buying John right now, but thank you for your offer. Much obliged =)

I completely know the feeling about buying the same figure over and over again. Especially back in day when we got 20 different Batman’s. When you only really needed the Combat Belt Batman Figure From The Animated Series 1992 Kenner line. Which is going for a ridiculous price on eBay. I guess that was one of my problems in the beginning when I started collecting the DCC Batman Series. Did I really need 4 jokers? The BTAS Joker, The TNBA Joker, The Mad Love Two Pack Joker, and the Expression Pack Joker.
I think the only reason I decided to buy all of them was because I knew this line would end and I could have a perfect collection. Also, I don’t collect any other DC figures out side this line so I guess that’s why I went overboard in collecting these things. But, I almost didn’t buy the DCC JL Superman because I already had one from the DCC Two Pack that included Lois Lane.

Also, it was my pleasure always trying assist other collectors. Just me if you ever need he will be put away for safe keeping :blush: I was thinking about selling him on eBay but I don’t think people really get this line. What’s your opinion about the DCC Animated Toys when it comes to resale value and popularity?

I dug the multiple Batman’s for the most part. It was a genius marketing hook (a kid says “I don’t have this color Batman yet” while the parents say "Which color Batman doesn’t he/she have?:). Pretty easy way to hook consumers.

I liked the Batmen that were adorned in uniforms that looked like something Batman would wear. The goofy ones were obvious turn offs (I did buy a few because they still looked fun) and I was occasionally frustrated when Kenner/Hasbro passed on something obvious (no Alfred or Gordon figures in the 90’s? No Chase Meridian or ringmaster Two-Face in Batman Forever? No GCPD Swat Officer in BTAS? No Fourth World heroes and villains in STAS? No Firefly and Anti-fire suit Batman two-pack in TNBA? Where are the villains from Batman Beyond? Where are the Justice League toys? What’s the deal kids?).

I’m not much for the resale end of things. Toys, (especially modern pieces that are produced in large quantities, be they for the mass market, direct market or both) are very rarely ever worth good money and therefore typically a poor investment (the same applies to comic books and other things).

If you wanted to sell your collection and kept it all packaged and waited a few years, you might make some bank because it’s an instant collection, most everything appears to be packaged and complete and it’s of a large volume. If someone has the funds, they’d probably drop some cash because of those factors. Are you looking to resell it in time?

2 Likes

Does anyone know where I could buy some statues for a lesser price?

1 Like

@HuruTheCatGirl… I have had great luck at WWCC (Chicago) finding amazing statues every year! So many booths & you can shop around + bargain :wink: to snatch up super stuff! Hint. Make a list to keep on task. There is always so much it can be overwhelming in a good way!

Any idea when the 2019 one is?

1 Like

I’d love to post a picture of my original art from Death of Superman but this is probably the worst uploading system for pictures I’ve ever seen.

Sticking some pics here - got some started on another thread too! Excited to take more photos & to keep sharing with everyone. Love seeing everybody’s goodies! Fun! Fun! Fun!

1 Like

My DC Trinity Collection. Sorry for the multiple posts…took me a while to figure this out.

2 Likes

Supes!

3 Likes

DC Trinity…top shelf.

2 Likes

DC Trinity…middle shelf.

3 Likes

DC Trinity…bottom shelf.

3 Likes

Designer Series Jim Lee Superman…and some little friends :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

These are so awesome!! I’m just now seeing that Joker one, @toonatonian - AMAZING.

@moro, that Superman up top is so cool!! Is that Brainiac’s skill in his hand or just a skull?

2 Likes

@KittyKrawller, that is Metallo’s head. Glad you like!

1 Like

@moro what kinda lights are you using? I gotta tall cabinet also and as you know I’m sure it has one light at the top, those look like they do a nice job lighting. Love your collection btw :diamonds::black_joker:

1 Like

@HarleenNapier, thank you! The lights are nothing special really; bought them from Home Depot. Powered by AA or AAA batteries (I forget which), and have velcro stickies to attach to the shelves and remove when it’s time to replace the batteries. You have to manually press each one to turn on.

2 Likes

Nice ! Thanks :grin: the struggle is real when it comes to lighting up all my figures ! :diamonds::black_joker:

1 Like