DC Collectible News

I pre-ordered the Kid Flash exclusive to McFarlane Shop. I am going to be getting more figures then I have in a long time. Have the Blue Beetle and Booster Gold coming in. Then a week after I get the 4 flash figures coming. I may be getting into these.

5 Likes

Agreed. If I was planning assortments, I would have included a Rebirth Wonder Woman alongside the Wonder Woman 1984 Diana and Golden Armor WW.

The Action and 'Tec #1000 Superman and Batman were already out, so it would have made completing a comic-based Trinity (and in their regular outfits) a snap and given the market a nice, generic (to those who don’t read comics, at least) WW to buy alongside the movie-specific versions that McFarlane did release.

IDK…I don’t get the hold-up for a vanilla, comic-based WW. I just keep the faith that she’ll come at some point.

Maybe once they start to produce post-Dark Crisis figures? Especially if the core heroes have updated outfits? :man_shrugging:t2:

That needs to be a two-pack! If Black Adam hits big and the demand for Hawk-based product is there, I would love to see a two-pack of the Hawks.

I also want everything else on your list, especially Zee (I wouldn’t turn down her initial Justice League Dark design) and Black Canary.

A Rebirth Dinah would rock, especially since her Mattel Multiverse figure was cancelled and her only other Rebirth-related figure was released in the Imaginext line a year or two ago:

Nightwing got photo-bombed by his and Dinah’s transforming cycle (a rad piece). Poor guy. :joy:

Here’s a look at Rebirth Dinah w/o Dick or the bike:

That is indeed a canary on the back of her jacket. A small detail, but a nicely-done one, all the same.

5 Likes

I’m not crazy about this version of Kyle. Gonna’ stick with my Mattel version of him. :00_lc_green_lantern1: Thx for the heads up tho Super Cool @Vroom. :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

Yeah, I kept thinking a figure based Wonder Woman 750 was a slam dunk, but it didn’t happen.

5 Likes

Mattel’s Multiverse Kyle (one of my favs from their 6-inch Multiverse line, no doubt) is in the same outfit as the Gold Label Kyle, though.

Wait and see, once pictures come along. You might like him. Or not, which is a-okay, too.

If I planned the assortments, you’d have your WW 750 Diana.

Along with Artemis ('90s and Rebirth), Nubia, Donna Troy, Yara Flor and whoever else I could squeeze into the line with Todd’s approval.

Some day…

5 Likes

Include a stand that sticks to the walls so they can fly and I’d definitely buy them.

6 Likes

While your contemplating your future action figure planning duties, please dream up a Death of Superman 30th Anniversary box set, with all the characters, similar to those snazzy ones Toddfather did for Suicide Squad and Batman Beyond.

6 Likes

Posted this a while ago, but I’m happy to do so again:

If I planned (or assisted in planning, at minimum) out the Death and Return of Superman product for the Multiverse line, it’d go like this:

Basic assortment:

• Superman (pre-Death, and with an interchangeable mullet head for post-Return)
  • Black Suit Superman
  • Hal Jordan (regular uni; gray temples)
  • Battle Armor Hal Jordan

Collect to Build:

• Cyborg Superman
  • Eradicator
  • Steel
  • Superboy

CTB figure: Mongul.

Mega

• Doomsday

McFarlane Store exclusives

• Heavily bloodied and beaten-down Superman, and packaged in a box that features artwork from Superman #75 on all sides and inside the box as well.

Retailers would likely frown on a Superman who’s had the :poop: beat out of him, so it’d work better as an exclusive. Plus, the McFarlane Store exclusives have so far been easy gets.

• Dubbilex

He’s a spiffy character, but I doubt Target and Walmart would be likely to buy him.

We love lesser-known and obscure characters of course, but the #1 priority is to make product the big retailers will want.

Meanwhile, Dubbilex would be readily available at the McFarlane Store. :hugs:

I’d also keep greasing the “When will we re-open a physical store?” wheels to Todd when opportunities allow.

If McFarlane’s came back, it’d be a great place to host a DCUI meet-up and debut brand-new DC product at as well. :partying_face:

There are rumors Superboy and Eradicator are coming, we just don’t know which versions, yet.

I’ve been thinking we’ll get Death/Return product next year, so as to tie into the 30th anniversary of Reign of the Supermen, which completes the overall Death/Return story, rather than getting just Death-based product this year.

I can see them wanting to celebrate the whole shebang all at once instead of “Do this and this in 2022, and then this in 2023.” and so on.

As long as we get product from each story and in a timely way, I’ll be happy.

SN: I’ll also be happy if we get a figure of The Cyborg, but only after Cyborg Superman has seen the light of day. He comes first.

6 Likes

I think I just (virtually) got a couple hundred $$ poorer. Want everything you just described.

5 Likes

This $9.99 stand from NECA works great for in-flight posing, and is available in the Collectibles section at Target, right now:

I have one, and it works great with all kinds of 6 and 7-inch figures, regardless of company (Hasbro’s 6-inch Superman Blue looks pretty rad in it too, just sayin’).

I haven’t attached mine to a wall, because suction cups are pretty finicky for secure wall placement.

You could probably drill it into place.

However, the plastic on the base’s bottom is somewhat thin, so you could run the risk of cracking it, as well.

6 Likes

I agree with all this, except come on have the McFarlane one be a two-pack! Have the back be Lois holding Superman and the package include Lois and the bloodied Superman. :wink:

5 Likes

:joy:

Oh, Mr. McFarlane…I just netted some future sales for you…:grin:

4 Likes

:thinking:

Yeah, I dig it. The artwork on the interior cardboard tray could be from Superman #75 when Lois is cradling Clark’s near-dead body.

Pose the figures in the same fashion and wunderbar! A perfect fusion of comic book and action figure art!

This would also get us our first Multiverse Lois, who would come with two interchangeable heads: One that’s happy and smiling, and one that’s…not so happy and not smiling.

@moro If I planned assortments for Super Powers, you can bet I’d include Death/Return figures in that line, too.

hears moro’s wallet scream in the distance

I’d probably include a few things in the 3-inch Page Punchers line, too.

moro’s wallet screams a smidge more

Hey, a Product Development Team member’s job is to design product the consumer will want, so… get your wallet some Sucrets and a beverage @moro, because it’ll need them if I ever land a gig at McFarlane. :grin:

5 Likes

I would love to see the Multiverse roll this out ‘cuz right now this Death of Supes’ set from DC Icons that came out a while back is being ransomed for insane prices everywhere I try to buy it:

$429 :eyes:

5 Likes

I’d prefer one like the gargoyle the superposable Spider-Man came with back in the day that hooks to the wall but that could work to.

5 Likes

Ah, the 25th anniversary set. Dare I look on eBay at what its asking price is?

Is it selling for that @DC89, or is that just what people have asked for it?

4 Likes

Oh that would be very cool. Superman vs. Doomsday two pack, with Superman’s cape flowing on that stick, and base full of debris. I’m all in for it.

3 Likes

$429 :flushed:

5 Likes

Average pricing: $350 to $429 (highest so far)

6 Likes

Having had that figure years and years back, its a pretty lightweight base and wouldn’t securely hold a figure of Hawkman or Hawkgirl’s size too securely.

It worked great on flat surfaces, no problem, but on a wall? Yeah, wouldn’t recommend it.

If that’s the asking price, that’s insane.

If that’s what its routinely selling for…then I might sell mine…but only after McFarlane released Death and Return figures…at which point, the DC Collectibles set would probably plummet in asking price like Wile E. Coyote from a cliff, in which case, I’d just keep my set. :slight_smile:

6 Likes