DC Character Recommended Reading Lists

I am starting to read from The Untold Legend of the Batman.

5 Likes

Batman year one part 4 released in January 20 and part 1 released in January 31, how’s that even possible?

4 Likes
  1. Start with deathstroke’s first appearance in marv Wolfman’s teen Titans issue # 2

2. Then read the Judas contract

3. Read trial of the terminator which is the follow up/ aftermath to the Judas contract

4. Read His solo series by marv Wolfman

Enjoy :blush: #terminator :robot: :skull_and_crossbones:

5 Likes

Here’s a good informative video as well

3 Likes

Cool video, but I don’t know what’s wrong with New 52 Deathstroke.

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with it. I own the first volume of his new 52 series.

Buuuut the new 52 series isn’t the story Marv Wolfman created. That series is like an alternate reality version of deathstroke’s history. Nothing wrong with it, but I prefer Marv Wolfman’s series better. I like all the character growth/development he put slade through from his inception as a villain, to his emergence as sort of an antihero with morals, codes, and values in his own book.

In trial of the terminator you start finding out that he’s not really a bad guy. And his solo series just furthers that process.

3 Likes

In the new 52 deathstroke is just a straight @hole without morals or scruples. That version is like if Marv Wolfman NEVER touched deathstroke after the Judas Contract.

4 Likes

@raider_dave66 I think maybe you can make a compromise of adapting new 52 Deathstroke by combining it somehow with the Wolvman version. May not work but that’s the best I can come up with.

2 Likes

This is a great mini-series written by the incredible Len Wein and beautifully rendered by John Byrne and Jim Aparo–with covers by the incomparable Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez.

1 Like

Anyone got a list for Bart Allen? Obvious start with impulse and YJ vol 1 but where from there?

2 Likes

He’s in a bunch of the comics in The Flash Vol. 2 and New Titans

2 Likes

2003 Comic Book Graduation Day/Teen Titans/Outsiders

Titans and Young Justice disband.

Donna Troy dies.

Tim Drake, Conner Kent, Impulse, Cassie Sandmark join mentors Cyborg, Starfire and Beast Boy in Titans.

Back from death, Teenage Raven appears later.

Nightwing, Roy Harper, Thunder, Grace, Shift, Indigo and Jade join Outsiders.

5 Likes

This is actually really helpful

4 Likes

Glad to hear it @DrWaffle!!

Welcome to the DC Community btw!

3 Likes

It sure is! There are tons of helpful things all throughout our forums so just let us know if you need anything :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks I will take a look at nightwing and batman. Anything on Bane or Jason Todd?

3 Likes

For Jason I would say Batman urban legends 1-6 as it’s the latest retelling of Jason’s origin for the Infinite Frontier era.

5 Likes

links don’t work. They just take me to the DCUI homepage. Could you add series and issue numbers, so they’re easier to search for?

3 Likes

Please and thank you. And thank you again for putting together these great lists.

3 Likes

Is there a particular order when it comes to Jack Kirby’s original New Gods/Fourth World material? Since it does all tie-in together with Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen and what not if I am not mistaken.

3 Likes