DC Celebrates Wonder Woman's 80th Anniversary with Twelve Titles!

For the global celebration of Wonder Woman, DC is honoring the iconic character’s 80th anniversary with a vibrant collection of commemorative releases, free editions and new series launches all starring DC’s Champion of Truth and Warrior for Peace. Headlined by the inspiring anthology showcasing 23 trailblazing women around the world, Wonderful Women of the World, DC will also thrill Wonder Woman fans with a 100-page spectacular, a commemorative hardcover and multiple brand-new series, all to be released this fall pegged to the global celebration of Wonder Woman Day on October 21.

Wonder Woman 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular–On Sale October 5, 2021

An oversize super spectacular featuring new stories that capture timeless messages of hope and empowerment are presented together in this gorgeous keepsake issue.

With new adventures from acclaimed DC talent including writers Becky Cloonan, Michael W. Conrad, Jordie Bellaire, Mark Waid, Tom King, Steve Orlando, G. Willow Wilson, Amy Reeder, Vita Ayala and Stephanie Phillips, and artists Jim Cheung, Paulina Ganucheau, Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, Joe Prado, Amy Reeder, Evan “Doc” Shaner, Isaac Goodhart, Laura Braga, Marcio Takara, and Meghan Hetrick, this one-of-a-kind special will showcase Diana’s past, present, and future to celebrate Wonder Woman’s legacy.

This keepsake collection will also be available with variant covers spotlighting Wonder Woman across different incarnations including the Golden, Silver, Bronze and Modern Ages along with cover artwork inspired by her big and small-screen incarnations, from artists Will Murai, Cat Staggs, Bruce Timm, Jen Bartel, Amy Reeder, Michael Cho, Travis Moore and Cliff Chiang.

To check out the other ELEVEN titles arriving to celebrate the occasion, head on over to DC Comics!

Which of the new titles are you most excited for? Let us know in the comments! :point_down:

14 Likes

Wonder Woman: Black & Gold look interesting, I’m looking forward to it. I’m sure it’ll be a hit like, Harley Quinn: Black & White & Red!

:0_wonder_woman:

4 Likes

Really terrific to see Wonder Woman getting this line-wide push. It’s long overdue, and this is the time for it. Hoping the market responds!

8 Likes

I’m most intrigued about the ongoing “Nubia and the Amazons” title. How do you tell a continuous story about a peaceful civilization isolated to Paradise Island? It should provide some interesting narrative challenges.

7 Likes

Oh, weird. The actual solicit text calls it a miniseries, but the trade dress is for an ongoing.

7 Likes

Ooooh. They all look so good! Interested especially in Historia: The Amazons. Might have to pick up the hardcover as well.

6 Likes

:00_wonder_woman_gold:onderful awesome™:+1:

5 Likes

A:wonderwoman:esome

6 Likes

I hope someday Wonder Woman can have her own Animated series and have a comic based on the series called, ‘Wonder Woman Adventures’ That would be awesome to see. :grinning:

:wonderwoman:

7 Likes

Wonder Woman Historia? I’ve been wanting to read that since Black Label was first announced, and from what Phil Jimenez has posted on his socials of it, this not only looks well worth the wait but could very well be his magnum opus.

6 Likes

Wow never thought of that. :sweat_smile:

Definitely a better way to put it.

3 Likes

I wonder if maybe they’re going to go for a season format, sort of like what they did with The Green Lantern, and have said they would do for the Milestone books?

It’s probably for the best because as cool as Nubia is, I’m not sure if she can sustain an ongoing, at least not yet.

4 Likes

The 80th Anniversary Special sounds great and I’m really excited for the Historia series. I mean I’ll probably end up reading more of them, but those two stand out most for me.

3 Likes

As an update, the full October solicits came out this morning and it confirmed that Nubia & The Amazons is a six-issue mini.

2 Likes

I’m already into Wonder Girl, so after that, I’m most excited for:

• the 80th anniversary collection
  • the 80th anniversary one-shot

The other titles sound nifty, but they will likely be DCUI and/or trade reads.

:thinking: Although…I might make an exception for the mini penciled by Phil Jimenez. That looks cool, and then some.

5 Likes

Very much the same but I have a feeling I will end up picking them up because my comic guy will put 'em in my pull list.

3 Likes

You can tell your guy “No, not right now.”, you know. :wink:

Unless he’s persuasive, or literally twists your arm to buy them. Then I could see how you’d be forced to buy books you otherwise hadn’t planned for. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I mean, I could. There is no fun in that and I am usually happy he does that. Like when he added Milestone books without me saying I wanted them.

3 Likes

True. I’ve had folks at comic stores I was previously a regular at pull stuff for me in an unexpectedly nifty surprise way before.

When it’s something I was interested in, I’d say “Cool. I appreciate it.” and buy the book (or at least put it back in my box until another time, if I was already buying a decent amount of stuff in a given week).

When it was something I wasn’t interested in, I’d say “Thanks for thinking of me, but I’m not into that.”, and they’d say “Okay, no problem.” and that was that.

They’ll find someone else to sell it to. I’m not obligated to buy everything they pull for me, afterall. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That is a good point. Usually, when they do that it is something I would be more than happy to have in my collection. It doesn’t hurt that they know I am all about DC so they will add stuff they think I might have missed.

3 Likes