DC Celebrates 80 Years of Green Arrow With a 100-Page Super-Spectacular!

Awesome™:+1: didn’t know he was turning 80. Nice.

2 Likes

@keath,

I believe Green Arrow was one of only five DC characters that survived the end of the Golden Age (when most superhero comics disappeared) and remained in publication, albeit in backup stories.

The other four characters were:

• Superman
  • Batman
  • Wonder Woman
  • Aquaman (who also debuted in More Fun Comics)
5 Likes

This is exciting! I had no idea he’s been around that long either. I’ll be picking this up for sure. Happy to see Connor back as well :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh I’ll definitely take the 0111, and a variant I fancy. Named my kid Oliver after the Green Arrow, so yeah, pretty pumped. Anyone know when it will be up for pre order?

2 Likes

I don’t know about the Green Lantern 80th anniversary but I will be interested in this Green Arrow story.

1 Like

I think that sounds right. Robin and Red Arrow persisted alongside them. Superboy was published through the war/western era, too, but I think those were the “young Clark Kent” stories, so not technically a separate character. I think Zatara and a couple of others popped up here and there, but no other “regulars”.

1 Like

Can’t wait im excited for this

1 Like
4 Likes

Late to the Topic and may repost around the comm. but… MY CHILD OLIVER was born on 6/25/21, just in time for daddy to order all 9 2 of each 9 Variants!

He is Oliver, we live in Queens… Can I just say that I ACTUALLY was allowed to, by my wife, to name my first born son Oliver, directly after the Emerald Archer. Problem is, I find myself wanting to call him speedy at times, but Roy doesn’t have the same power as Oliver does, So Meet Oli, we don’t really like the tradish Ollie spelling as it isn’t much of a “short” name… Any opinions on the spelling are welcomed, Oli makes me worry about miss pronunciation but Oly is Ugly. What about Olli. I just don’t want people saying O-Lee… Lovin Life…

YOU HAVE NOT FAILED THIS FAMILY!!!

5 Likes

Clearly, he’s a success

2 Likes

Thank You!

2 Likes

Congratulations :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m so happy for you and your wife!!! He looks like such a cutie pie. I hope your wife is doing well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Congrats @Proinsias!!!

Has anyone read this book? The Denny O’Neil tribute written by his son is one of the most touching things I have read in a comic since that story in Superman: Red and Blue 5.

1 Like

Yep! I think there was another thread somewhere. I liked how it felt like a journey through major eras of the character and his family. I really liked the Dinah and Roy (Lian!) highlight stories.

2 Likes

I have spent most of my weekend reading my backlog which was huge. I believe I am currently reading my 71st book. Needless to say, this 100-Page special was one of the books I read today and was extremely happy with it. I know that will be one I go back to in the future.

3 Likes