DC Book Club Vol. I - JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE TOTALITY (2018)

Why did I not know this was a thing? I love Orlando’s writing! runs to Google

Oh! AND Riley Rossmo is the artist? Umm…be right back. runs to online retailer

Alright - I’m back and Martian Manhunter: Identity is on my way to being at my house in 2 days. :partying_face:

7 Likes

You know, you could just read it here and save that scratch for other DC goodies. :wink:

3 Likes

I was about to say that too. Unless, of course, you just want it in your collection, then understandable.

5 Likes

True, but when it comes to green-ish fellers, I’d sooner spend my bucks on this guy:

Also a star of The Totality. :slight_smile: His trading card artwork is from the below book (Justice League #6), which was the conclusion of the arc:

8 Likes

mister miracle is pretty good, kind of its own canon tbh (which King excels in imo) but I enjoyed it

5 Likes

The Martian was one of my favorite superheroes growing up and I was so happy that Snyder and Jimenez brought him back into DC mainstream!

6 Likes

His new 52 run was the first thing I read from his work. Loved it. It’s what made me had an interested in Snyder’s work.

3 Likes

I’ve read the first couple issues of the Martian Manhunter maxiseries but I’ll definitely finish it sometime!

4 Likes

I loved Snyder’s Batman run, too! I hadn’t read a ton of Batman comics before that, but once I started them I couldn’t stop. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

The art on the Martian Manhunter maxiseries is insane! I enjoyed reading that book.

5 Likes

Kryptonians and Martians alive, I would really love to see Jim Cheung do the covers and interiors on an entire arc of Justice League.

His work on The Totality was swell. I just wish he could have been more involved in it.

4 Likes

Man, now I’m picturing Amanda as Oprah and it’s hilarious. “You get a neck bomb, and you get a neck bomb! EVERYONE GETS A NECK BOMB!”

It kind of is in it’s own world, and it kind of isn’t. I can see a way where it sort of fits in the regular continuity.

8 Likes

You know Peg Bundy would have loved to have seen Oprah as Waller.

“Al, Oprah’s new movie is out!”

“Who cares?”

“There’s brain bombs and Harley Quinn!”

“I’ll drive!”

5 Likes

Oh man, now I’m picturing a Harley and Married With Children mash-up. :laughing:

6 Likes

Dibs on writing it!

whips out Brother-brand word processor, blows dust off it and gets to writin’

5 Likes

I’ve always said that Martian Manhunter is the heart the of team. In this issue he really reminded me of Picard from Star Trek

7 Likes

Is it just me, or does everyone hear the Justice League Animated voices when reading these books?

6 Likes

Ahhhhh! runs to cancel order

Patiently waits to get cancellation email while reading MM:Identity on DCUI

Oh! Thanks for helping save my DC budget for other spectacular things, like all things Poison Ivy, @discordia57 and @Vroom!

6 Likes

Nope, not just you. :wink:

5 Likes

I can imagine why! I don’t know how many comics I’ve read over the years that MM was a part of, but the captivating way that Snyder & Jimenez portray him in just the first issue of The Totality alone have made me an instant massive fan.

8 Likes