DC Artwork

@scuz_922.97821 Thank you, I’m glad you liked it. I have four more that I’ll be posting later. Followed by some Marshall Rogers.

3 Likes

Here’s part two of the Neal Adams portfolio @scuz_922.97821. The envelope was water damaged, but the prints are still perfect.

3 Likes

That art work is just so amazing. I had never seen these pieces of his art.

2 Likes

Ditto! Thanks for posting the pics. Plate Seven is amazing.

2 Likes

@scuz_922 @KamAndi80 These were covers for a series of Tarzan paperbacks. Similar to the Frazetta covers for all the non-Tarzan books.

3 Likes

Some of my favorites, I have two Rick Burchett works. A Batman and Robin and the Harley and Joker.
Lorenzao Lizanna’s Wonder Woman. I have a bunch of artwork by him.
@ Superman Con in Metropolis, Illinois Alex Saviuk did a Wonder Woman sketch for me, and a Lockjaw for my husband.

4 Likes

That Joker and Harley is fantastic!

1 Like

I knew I had seen some of those Tarzan prints before! I had a few of those paperbacks. I would have not realized the Neil Adams connection. Thanks for another informative post.

As a “spinner rack” and newsstand kid I also enjoyed the tongue in cheek “whippersnapper” scolding.

2 Likes

@KamAndi80 Glad you enjoyed it. The prints are signed by Adams, but I don’t know if they showed up on the paperbacks. I used to be whipper snapper back in the Spinner Rack Era. Now if I whipper snapped, I might throw my back out. :grinning:

2 Likes

Time for another Portfolio. The great Marshall Rogers from 1981 with a beautiful Batman Portfolio.

3 Likes

Wow! :hushed:

1 Like

Marshall Rogers is a genius! Check out Tales of the Dark Knight: Marshall Rogers in hardcover or digitally, you won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like