🎆 DC Animated Club's Rockin' New Year's Eve Watch-Along: December 31st at 2 PM Pacific/5 PM Eastern 🎆

Thank you!

I always fancied myself a combo of James Garner and Dick Clark, but I’ll take the others, too. :slight_smile:

Truth be told, the art is from Google. :shushing_face: :wink:

4 Likes

We should add some music on New Years Eve, I remember watching Dick Clark when I was a kid.:grinning:

4 Likes

Since I’m in Alaska, we usually celebrate all the time zones new year. From 8 pm till midnight we celebrate every hour :rofl:

5 Likes

Well this looks fun

5 Likes

@Reaganfan78 I’ll be dropping some tunes on Friday.

In the meantime however, you and everyone else are welcome to spin something if you like.

The only rule (besides being within Community Guidelines, obvs):

Make sure the tunes are something we can groove to! :batparrot: :woman_cartwheeling: :man_dancing:

@nickywood956.5924 Thank you! I hope to see you at the party.

gets a text that the foam machine has arrived

Alright! No NYE party is complete without one of those foam-shootin’ babies!

goes out to inspect, and then sign for, said foam-shootin’ device

3 Likes

Because @Bar-El engrained the thing into my skull :wink:, I’m dropping one tune early:

@iJest How’d the booze cruise to your liquor joint go? I’ve got lots of ice that needs to be coated in sweet…whatever you may have found. :tropical_drink: :sunglasses:

SN: If you yoinked a bottle of sparkling cider, I’ll gladly pay you tomorrow for a bottle of it today. :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Pretty good! I decided on just wine so I picked up a bottle of red and white. Already tried the white last weekend, it was nice. I’m probably going to make sangria because I will be picking up similar ingredients for my charcuterie sides (berries, etc).

Did you get anything special for NYE?

4 Likes

Wine is nice. Of course, I’m biased as that’s the only al-kee-hawl I touch, in most respects.

I’ve never had sangria though, but I bet it will pair nicely with your charcuterie.

SN: Can I pay you a couple bucks to add beef jerky to one of those? I know, jerky isn’t usually what adorns a charcuterie, but damn it, this guy loves him some jerky. :yum:

NYE is two days away…are you from the future (and if so, is it nice there)? :wink:

3 Likes

Lol yes I am from the future, in most cases since I’m always the earliest timezone amongst my friends! But I meant like, have you gathered any special items in preparation for NYE?

Re: the beef jerky, that would be a good addition if I can find some that strike my fancy, I’ll be on the lookout for it. I really haven’t decided what meats to get.

4 Likes

taps fingers together, Bob Newhart-style, and says “Do we have flying cars, yet?”

Nope! :joy: I got a few new comics yesterday though, does that count?

I did get some snack packs for Christmas, though. You know, those box sets that have summer sausage, a mustard of some kind and crackers. Those would be good NYE nom-nom.

Sounds good! I think jerky could go with wine rather well.

Spoiler: I’ve never gone wine tasting and/or eaten from a charcuterie, but I would absolutely love to do both.

4 Likes

So when it comes to tunes, I guess Chopin is out, huh?

5 Likes

Heck no! :slight_smile:

As an ardent classical music nerd, I say drop tunes by Chopin and whoever else you want.

I might be inclined to toss in some Wagner at some point, along with a soupcon of Tchaikovsky.

You just never know…:nerd_face:

5 Likes

I’m afraid I won’t be attending the watch along as I will still be at work. Sorry.

4 Likes

How do you participate in this watch along? Is there a watch party link?

5 Likes

Aw, I’m sorry, work sucks :unamused:

Welcome to the DCU forums! Right now we’ve been doing watch-alongs the oldschool way, before people had watch party. All you have to do is pull up the cartoons in a separate browser/device (like via HBO Max or DVD, whatever have you) and we chat along in this thread.

5 Likes

Okay. Thanks!

5 Likes

That’s right, super simple! :superman_hv_4:

4 Likes

I wanna show you guys what I have so far for my charcuterie shenanigans tonight!

Not pictured: various nuts, fruits, and wine. Will be assembled later.

I ran errands earlier and picked up a tray of pastries for the family get-together tomorrow! Here is that:

I’ve been cleaning all weekend! Now I need to clean 2 of my snakes’ cages and I’ll be happy with how much stuff I got done today. Then… I’m gonna eat. :plate_with_cutlery::wine_glass:

4 Likes

also;

Figaro says “happy NYE omg now leave me alone I’m so tired”

4 Likes

You’re making me hungry!:laughing:

4 Likes