DC Animated Club's From the Screen to the Page Week 2: Metamorpho, The Element Man!

Greetings, @DCAnimatedClub!

This week, we’re taking a look at that most terrific of element men, Metamorpho! Read on for all of the malleable details!

:books: Read:

:sparkles: Bonus Reads: :sparkles:

:speaking_head: Discuss:

• Are you a fan of Metamorpho, or is this your initial exposure to him?
  • What was your favorite read this week?
  • How do you feel Metamorpho and the characters of his world meshed with those from Scooby-Doo?
  • The Terrifics is a great, great series, isn’t it? Discuss why you enjoy what is easily one of DC’s absolute best team books of the last decade, and what you feel Metamorpho brings to the team.

Those are the elemental details, my friends! Whether he’s brand-new to you, or you’ve been a Metamorpho fan for years, I hope you enjoy the reads for this week!

Also: Don’t forget to check out the next Saturday Morning Watch-Along, which stars Metamorpho in adventures with Batman and the Justice League!

Have fun and enjoy, DC Toonheads!
:superman_hv_4: :dc:

6 Likes
  1. I’m a fan and my first exposure was in the Showcase Presents collection.
  2. Hard to choose between Scooby-Doo and the Terrifics.
  3. Love it!
  4. Gave me the sense of joy that the Fantastic Four usually gives. It served as a good replacement until the FF came back.
    Bonus: As much as I extremely dislike Wonder Woman 1984 for complicated reasons, seeing Simon Stagg was good.
3 Likes

I have known the character of Metamorpho for many years. I know him best from the original Batman and the Outsiders.
I thought the Scooby-Doo issues were a lot of fun. Metamorpho and company were a little lighter than usual which made them mesh well with Scooby and the gang.
I enjoyed these first 3 issues of The Terrifics. Metamorpho brings some power to the team, although he hasn’t really shown it much so far.

2 Likes

Showcase Presents: Metamorpho fans in the hizzoose! :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

In addition to that being one of my favorite Showcase Presents collections, that was my first, full exposure to Rex’s first solo title. I loved that SP book, and wish the series it collected would see the digital light of day.

For me, it’s The Terrifics all day long. I absolutely love that title, and then some.

It does have the same sense of awe and derring-do that Fantastic Four typically has, doesn’t it? Granted, there were the “Terrifics is DC’s FF.” comparisons, which I felt weren’t entirely fair, given that the Terrifics are different than the FF and really, can’t a book of adventurers bound together by unique circumstances be it’s own thing without automatically being a “FF clone” as some said of The Terrifics? It absolutely can.

Agreed. Stagg is a dick who, when he gets his deserved comeuppance, is always fun to see stew in his juices as his plans fail, time after time, while Rex and Sapphire always end up together, much to Simon’s chagrin.

Thanks for popping in, @MiscellaneousSoup! I hope to see you around. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That was my introduction to Metamorpho as well. When I first saw the cover to Batman and the Outsiders #1 as a kid, I saw him and thought “Who is that?” and the rest is history.

Likewise. I’m not much of a Scooby-Doo fan in most respects, but Scooby-Doo Team-Up is a lot of fun. If that’s ever made into a TV series, it will be the first Scooby series I watch with interest.

Is this your first sojourn with The Terrifics? If so, I hope you’ll come back for more. Lemire’s run gets better with each issue.

Thanks for the pop-in, @scoop001! Diggin’ your new avatar, too. :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Sorry about not being here more often, I get nervous.

3 Likes

Scooby-Doo And Guess Who is your best bet.

3 Likes

No apology needed. Attend when you can. :slight_smile:

Is Scooby-Doo and Guess Who streaming anywhere?

3 Likes

Possibly Amazon Prime. It’s on the Boomerang streaming service, listed as “free”, but I don’t know if that’s true. I’m just going by Google’s watching sources.

3 Likes

I would have thought it might be on HBO Max.

In any event, thank you for the heads-up on that show. I’ll look into it.

3 Likes