DC Animated Club: The Flintstone

The Flintstone

YABBA DABBA DOO! Welcome to Bedrock, the home of your favorite characters from Hanna-Barbera like, Fred, Wilma, Barney, Betty & many many more! This week here on DC Universe Infinite, DC Animated Club will be looking at the animated series, comics and many more stuff. We’ve alot of stuff to cover, so let’s get started…

Fun Trivia
Did you know before they were called Flintstone, they were going to be called Flagstone? Due to a copyrights from a comic, Hanna-Barbera decided on the name Flintstone instead.

Did you know that Dino was so popular that he had his own cereal?

Did you know that The Flintstone was based on a hit TV series ‘The Honeymooners’? When Jackie Gleason first heard about The Flintstone, he was going to sue Hanna-Barbera, thankfully somebody talk him out of it saying, “Don’t ruin this for the kids!” Gleason really does have a heart.

Did you know that the popular hit intro song didn’t started til the 3rd season? It had the cast of the show singing it!

Behind The Scenes
Here’s a couple of videos with Behind the scenes and more fun facts.:slightly_smiling_face:

Comics
Here at DC Universe Infinite Library, they have a Flintstone series that lasted up to 12 issues. Feel free to read whichever issues you like, the thing about the series, is that it’s drawn in a beautiful
realistic way that’s based on a cartoon, here’s a link to the series…

The Flintstone
There is a special issue where Booster Gold meets the Flintstone, we’ll deal with that in a few weeks, promise! :slightly_smiling_face:

Poll
This has to be done, mostly for fun as well, which 2 Flintstone Cereal do you guys like the best?

The Best Flintstone Cereal

0 voters

Questions

1. Who’s your favorite character?
  2. What’s your favorite Flintstone movie or series?
  3. What’s your favorite Flintstone moments?
  4. Is this your first time reading The Flintstone Comics?
  5. Which Flintstone comic book issue is your favorite?

I’ll be back soon for more Flintstone stuff, in the meantime, if you would like to join DC Animated Club, It would be great to have you join! Here’s a link DC Animated Club

:0_batman_tas:
:0_scooby_doo_1:

9 Likes

Fruity Pebbles all the way! :wink: Nice pick for this round, btw, RF!

5 Likes

In a tobacco documentary I had watched, there is a black and white advert of Fred hawking smokes. I forget which brand.

4 Likes

Still need one of these every morning just to get through the day.

4 Likes

Winston! (They’re the ones responsible for destroying the distinction between “like” and “as” in American English.) Considering that The Flintstones was an adult-oriented animated sitcom, it wasn’t that out-of-place at the time.

4 Likes

If you guys wanted to watch The Flintstone of any series, it’s available on both Streaming service, HBO Max & Boomerang, and some are free to watch on Tubi. Thankyou for letting me know @AlexanderKnox! :grinning:

3 Likes

Tastes great as a cigarette should?

3 Likes

The Great Gazoo! Dum Dum!

3 Likes

Exactly.

And some of it is on Tubi for free.

4 Likes

next will be the lecture on the difference between ‘can’ and ‘may’?

3 Likes

Thanks @Lincolnfan78 , this is great stuff!

I’ll be back!

5 Likes

Here’s a few video of The Flintstone videogames, thought you might like to see them :grinning::sauropod::t_rex:

This next video shows all the Flintstone games throughout the years…

1 more fun video…

2 Likes

I thought I’d show you guys the building of The Flintstone Legos, sadly this Lego set just retired this, they’re not selling this anymore, but the video is still fun to watch. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

With 12 issues of The Flintstone comics, here’s my top 5 picks that I think are worth reading​:slightly_smiling_face:

The Flintstone #1

The Flintstone #5

The Flintstone #7

The Flintstone #8

The Flintstone #12

Have fun reading!:grinning:

2 Likes

Aw Yeah We are back! Can I still post quizzes @Lincolnfan78 ?

2 Likes

Please do. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thought I answer my own questions, so here goes…:slightly_smiling_face:

1. I would say Fred Flintstone and Barney Rumble, they are great.

2. The Original show.

3. To be honest I don’t watch alot of episodes to remember. I did like the early first season when Fred first display his singing ability.

4. Yes & No, Yes it’s a first time rweading a whole series, But I have read the first issue.

5. Probably issue one.

And there you have it.:grinning:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I demanded that we go on this “Ride,” when we went there in my youth, it was fun. Recently, we took a family vacation there, and now it’s the “Minions Ride,” which was also fun. The ride is an Imax like theater with motion seats.

3 Likes