🎅 DC Animated Club Special: Christmas in the DC Universe Watch-Along, Wednesday, December 15th at 5 PM Pacific/8 PM Eastern 🎅

Ho-ho-ho and Merry Christmas, DCUI! :santa:

The @DCAnimatedClub is back, and we’re ringing in the season in a most :sparkles: festive way :sparkles:, as we’ll be unwrapping animated gifts that are sure to bring warmth and joy to your heart and holiday season.

The watchlist (checked twice, to be sure :wink:):

• Batman: The Animated Series S1, E38: “Christmas with the Joker”

• Static Shock S2, E5: “Frozen Out”

• Justice League S2, E23: “Comfort and Joy”

• Teen Titans Go! S4, E6: “Teen Titans Save Christmas”

When and where the Christmas party takes place: In this thread and on December 15th, beginning at 5 PM Pacific Time/8 PM Eastern Time.

Note: We’ll be taking a five minute break between each episode. That way, you can get the next episode ready, frost your cookies, eat some frosted cookies, spice your 'nog, double-check your Christmas list and/or toss another log on the 'ol holiday fire. :hugs:

How to participate: The above episodes are available on physical and digital media, as well as streaming on HBO Max. However you choose to party, please be ready to go when the clock strikes and the animated gifts arrive. :partying_face: :clock1: :gift: :red_gift_envelope:

So, come one, come all, for everyone is welcome to attend!

Whether you’ve been naughty or nice (and being a squidge naughty is okay :wink:) be sure to bring your holiday treats, sing a rousing bout of “Jingle Bells, Batman smells” and get ready for a fun time, as I hope to see you here this coming Wednesday, while we immerse ourselves in the Christmas spirit alongside the World’s Greatest Super Heroes™. :superman_hv_4: :christmas_tree: :dc: :mrs_claus:

10 Likes

I’ll be there!

4 Likes

Excellent!

A little elf-helper of mine says @Reaganfan78 will be in attendance as well. :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

This looks super fun! I might miss the beginning of this (or the whole thing if there’s overtime) but I just put in for some time off so who knows! :deer:

4 Likes

Thank you. :clark_hv_4:

Noooo! Think positive and say “I will make it to the DCUI Christmas party!” and you will. The power of positive thinking, fellow cat-lover. :cat:

“The Shadow knows!”

5 Likes

These are some of the best episodes!

5 Likes

I’m glad they meet with such esteemed approval. :superman_hv_4:

I haven’t seen the Static Shock episode, so it’ll be new to me.

I’m contemplating that we have a Jingle Bells, Batman Smells sing-along when Joker blasts off and sings it in Christmas with The Joker.

6 Likes

The Joker singing that song is reason enough to watch.

6 Likes

It is, and it’s probably his go-to Christmas song. :joy:

I hope you can make the party. :clark_hv_4:

3 Likes

Absolutely!

4 Likes

:superman:uper! Feel free to bring your Santa hat, nog (egg or otherwise) and all manner of other holiday goodies, as we’re sure to have a fun time! :grin:

4 Likes

Barring anything slipping my mind, I’m there for sure. Bookmarking it even!!!

4 Likes

5 Likes

@capo-manger Fantastic! I look forward to seeing you. :clark_hv_4:

@Bar-El Noice! :superman_hv_4:

@Jurisdiction Happy DCUIversary!
:partying_face: :fireworks: :tada:

3 Likes

Thanks @Vroom !!!

3 Likes

tips his hat in reply, then resumes filling up the Christmas Party Fridge™ with snacks for later

4 Likes

Will we be having more such watch alongs of multiple episodes with a given theme? I think this is a great idea.

4 Likes

I had custom date & time bookmark, plus cell phone alarm set for 15mins heads up. Just got invited to go see the Cavs for the second time since Monday. Both times I was asked at the last possible second. I’m just about to get ready & we play at 7pm. (It’s 6:10 here EST). Might be able to jump in towards the end depending on how long the game goes, & traffic? I really wanted to do this one too. I always watch the B TAS Episode involved for Christmas & hadn’t done it yet. I was going to take care of it tonight….oh well, hopefully they’ll be plenty more.

4 Likes

I escaped from work early, and right now I have a purring cat in front of me waiting for this shindig to start. My Santa hat is still on the corner of my screen and I have an electrolyte drink ready to go. No snacks tonight as I had two slices of pizza earlier, but I might try some new protein powder in some yogurt later.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

4 Likes