DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along Special: Young Justice: Phantoms, Every Saturday at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern

Hero of Oa! :nerd_face: Hi. :00_lc_green_lantern:

So @capo-manger/@Green.Lantern, how is concertgoing these days? Same as usual, or…different?

2 Likes

Hi! It’s about the same as I remember it. It’s still constantly weird being around any kind of crowd, but I’m gradually getting more used to it.

3 Likes

For me nothing different. They did have a clear plastic bag policy because it was a football stadium. It was ridiculous. U could only bring a ziplock sized bag that had no ziplock logo on it. I was thinking, where do u find those? Of course, right below was a notice that u could purchase them in the Steelers team shop…no ty. I’ll just say I managed to get all the things I needed to get in, w/o incident. By using old methods I’d developed all thru the 90’s. Some tricks just always work.

2 Likes

One of my favorites is cutting the cellophane off the bottom of a cigarette case. Removing cigarettes from the bottom & inserting what I want. Then gluing it back on. I don’t even smoke cigarettes but they don’t know that? They see a sealed cigarette pack, in u go, no hassle.

1 Like

@Green.Lantern Does the concert air still have that “smell”, shall we say, that concert air does?

I’ve never been a big crowd guy (while I love shopping during the Christmas season, I often don’t like Christmas season crowds; go figure :santa:), but as things hopefully ease back into normality, I’m kind of looking forward to them, just for tradition’s sake.

They were probably using “Ziploc” in a general sense, like when you say “Coke”, instead of “soda”. You can find generic, clear, Ziploc-esque bags at most stores.

Ah, the 'ol “Under my sock.” routine, hmm? :wink:

2 Likes

Haha. The cigarette case trick I was referring to added to, as Lynyrd Skynyrd would say, ooh that smell.

2 Likes

I loathe smoking of any and all kinds, but I enjoy fiddling around with a Zippo, especially the sound it makes when it opens and closes.

I can thank Arnold Schwarzenegger for that, as his use of a Zippo in Last Action Hero (and other movies, most likely) probably contributed to why I like Zippos.

2 Likes

Here u go bud.

2 Likes

Pretty small. Hand size clear bags.

2 Likes

Like I basically said, “Ziploc bag or similar.”

I’ve gone through my share of clear bags in my action figure collecting. Storing figures in them, selling loose/opened figures in them, buying loose/opened figures in them, etc. I know the clear bag scene quite well. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

But the size of your hand? With the logo even smaller. Might get half a sandwich in?

2 Likes

I have big-ish hands, so I know big-ish bags. :wink:

But, I see your point. If your method works, just keep on with it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly. I’ll find a way every time lol.

2 Likes

If I was still working my movie theater management gig, I’d keep an eye out for you, as you might sneak candy into a flick. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s the one thing I never do lol. I’ll sit thru a movie but not a concert especially The Rolling Stones without my go to’s. I’m legal if worse came to worse least they could do is say throw it out. Couldn’t arrest me.

2 Likes

The last movie I went to (The Suicide Squad), I went for the movie and decided to eschew all snacks and drinks.

Usually, I’d go for a soda and a large popcorn (with loads of butter :drooling_face:), but in the interest of making the process as simple as possible (and saving a few bucks along the way), my buddy and I went in for the flick, then got something to nosh afterward.

If I see Dune in theaters, I’ll probably do the same thing.

2 Likes

That’s pretty crazy as I was just about to say- well, I’m off to see Dune. I was finishing up on Ranch thread. Then gonna text my buddy & tell him I’m about to watch it. He’s my movie discussion, &, go to the movies with buddy. We saw Suicide Squad midnight screening together. Even then (which wasn’t long ago) u had to go an hr early & line was out the door. Now u just buy a seat like a football game & can go whenever.

2 Likes

I like reserved seating a ton, but I do also miss the days of waiting in line for hours on end, so as to try and guarantee a good seat.

Standing outside in the July 4th desert heat for Independence Day is one of my favorite moviegoing memories.

2 Likes

I agree only because it was cool seeing everyone dressed up. I was behind a couple that had (guy) Batman football jersey & (girl) Harley Quinn football jersey. Guy behind us had the Alex Ross Joker & HQ shirt. I do miss that.

2 Likes

Happy Friday @DCAnimatedClub!

Just a heads-up that this WAL will now include the third episode of the new season, “Volatile”.

I hope to see you for the fun tomorrow morning! :clark_hv_4:

4 Likes