DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along #9: Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons, Saturday, October 2nd at 8 AM P/11 AM E

If I may, I recommend the second New 52 Deathstroke ongoing.

The writing is good, the art is great and it’s just a fun series overall.

3 Likes

I’ll double up on that JD. @Vroom wont steer u wrong & Deathstroke New 52 is incredible. A host of DC characters make it even better & some really nice crossovers involved.

3 Likes

@Bar-El, @capo-mage, @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder, @Jurisdiction, @Spider-Man78 and all other interested parties, don’t forget to set your clocks bright and early for this one!

The fun begins in 12 hours. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

When I first watch Teen Titans back in 2004, I didn’t know who Slade was, I was wondering who could this mysterious villian behind the mask could be? Not knowing that was his real name, the show drove me crazy back then trying to figure who he was. Had I known @HubCityQuestion at the time, I would’ve ask him about Slade, and he’ll probably would tell me he’s Slade Wilson AKA Deathstroke and give me a bit of history on this villian. :slightly_smiling_face:
I have never seen the movie and hope it’s really good movie.

6 Likes

Man, this movie really does Lady Shiva a disservice. Let me know when you get around to showing Soul of the Dragon.

Speaking of animated lineups: did you know Marv Wolfman himself wrote 3 episodes of Teen Titans? I feel like that would make a pretty good feature!

5 Likes

It’s good, and what an animated Deathstroke movie that doesn’t pull it’s punches should be, in my four eyes.

However, don’t go into it expecting Slade from the Teen Titans series.

As much I like that iteration of him, the one in Knights & Dragons would snap him like a toothpick without a second thought.

Plus, this movie absolutely earns it’s R-rating. As I said before, it’s not for the kiddies. :slight_smile:

@HubCityQuestion When Batman: Soul of the Dragon pops up on HBO Max, I’ll find a slot for it.

The Long Halloween movies are on HBO Max now, so you’d think Soul of the Dragon would be, too. Maybe as FanDome gets closer.

I knew Wolfman wrote for the TT series. I’ve all manner of ideas for future WALs and have strongly considered a mini-marathon of episodes of various TV shows he’s written.

I’d like to include his work on Ruby Spears Superman, but it isn’t yet on HBO Max, and Tubi’s ads are too inconsistent for an evenly-paced WAL.

Right, @Bar-El? :wink:

5 Likes

Alright I’m gonna try to be here. Although they still haven’t fixed my Max so I might freeze up but I’ve seen it thrice so I’ll just jump back in after I reset everything.

3 Likes

Woo! :partying_face: See you in two hours and 9 minutes, toy fan!

3 Likes

Haha that reminded me of The Crow when Eric Draven said- Take your shot, Funboy, you got me dead bang.

3 Likes

I really need to re-watch The Crow one of these days. Such a good flick.

3 Likes

It is. The 1st x I saw it at theater I made out with a beauty the whole movie. On a break with my gf which happened every other week it seemed. Had to go back twice more with 2 different groups of friends after my initial try. The curse & similarities between Bruce & Brendan Lee were ridiculous.

3 Likes

4 Likes

I guess you can say you had a good night at the movies when you first saw The Crow.

Top Dollar is my favorite character. I love Michael Wincott. He’s a good actor, and he seems like a cool guy in general.

Digging the DC Collectibles Shiva figure. The three-pack she’s in is pretty sweet.

3 Likes

I love it.

Had a huge glare, had to angle it so my face wasn’t reflected in the box for the picture. You can still see my lamp tho lol. U can tell how excited I was. Didn’t even fully get the wrapping off b4 I shot it.

5 Likes

I’m here! We’re good! I’m here!

4 Likes

Shrew :sweat_smile: don’t scare us like that JD.

3 Likes

sorry fam squad!

wait why did i say that

3 Likes

“Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!”

Breakfast will be served soon…

…as soon as someone volunteers to go across the street to McDonald’s and get it. :grin:

I have to stay, but if someone else could go…

@capo-mage?

3 Likes

Idk how to answer why u said something. Probably b/c u sent an electrical impulse to your brain, which fired the axons up. Than went thru your dendrites into your neural tissue & synapsed into that sentence?

3 Likes

Yeah… That…

3 Likes