DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along #8: Justice League Dark, Saturday, September 25th at 8 AM P/11 AM E

Happy Fall @DCAnimatedClub, and all other fans of quality animation!

The leaves are falling, temperatures are starting to get cooler (hopefully) and as we work towards finishing September, that means two things: October and Halloween are on their way!
:partying_face: :jack_o_lantern: :halloween_wonderwoman: :halloween_superman: :halloween_batman: :tada:

To get in the spirit of things early, we’ll be checking out 2017’s Justice League Dark, which is full of all manner of dark and scary adventure. If you’re a WAL veteran, you know the spell to cast, but if not, read on for the spooky details! :scream:

What: Justice League Dark, the first movie of the Justice League Dark duology.

When: Saturday, September 25th at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern.

Where: In this thread at the above date and time. :point_up:t2:

How: Justice League Dark is available on physical and digital home video formats, while also streaming on HBO Max. However you choose to cast your way into this dark and groovy adventure, please be ready to push Play when the clock tolls for thee. :play_or_pause_button: :mantelpiece_clock:

Cast a spell of fun, wear your best cloak and comment backwards Zatanna-style if you can, as you join in the spooky and otherworldly adventure of Justice League Dark, this coming Saturday!

I’ll see you dark and early, DC Animaniacs! :ghost:

9 Likes

So good!!!

5 Likes

She’s stunning as usual!

3 Likes

Ty @Bar-El!!! :smiley: She was so cheap. Should still be. One of my favorites of hers & it’s so much better looking in person. She’s completely solid as far as standing too. One of the few that’s never fallen once. I clipped the corner of that shelf with my shoulder & she was one of the few that didn’t budge. Appreciate it, ty & check her out. Haven’t checked in a while, but she was around $9.99 when I got her. I think the total was $11.00 & change. Well worth it.

3 Likes

That’s insane! When I saw her I assumed she was pricy since she looked so detailed!

Guess you weren’t expecting her to come with that stability spell at that price huh! lol :joy:

3 Likes

:joy: I passed on it forever. As soon as I saw the JLD Dark movie, I searched for Zatanna’s figure from it. It didn’t look good. Than I read the reviews & they all said the pics don’t do it justice. As soon as I saw 4 straight reviews saying it looks way better in person, I bought it. I would’ve (& am now) been of the exact same opinion. Even in my pics u can’t see the detail. Her eyes are so blue, & even her fingernails are painted. Highly recommend scooping her up at some point. Definitely wasn’t expecting the “stability spell” lol., you’re absolutely correct on that. :tophat:đŸȘ„:sparkles::sparkles:

3 Likes

If I understand time zones right (and I’m tired enough that I might not be), we should be starting up in about
41 minutes!

3 Likes

checks watch

38 minutes by my Superman timepiece. Plenty of time for a bowl of cereal before joining in. :slight_smile:

@Bar-El, @capo-manger, @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder, @Spider-Man78 and anyone else wanting to join (all are welcome), are we up and ready and movin’ around? :city_sunrise: :batparrot:

5 Likes

I went with some waffles instead, but yeah, I’ll be here for this. :smiley:

4 Likes

Waffles kick ass, so that’s a-okay!

Did you make extra, in case the TTG Beast Boy comes in?

:notes: “Waffles, waffles, waffles!” :notes:

Right now, my breakfast is a Thrashed Apple Mountain Dew. I needs my liquid sugar before I gets it on my cereal.

3 Likes

Have yall started yet?

4 Likes

Great, now I got that song stuck in my head again! Good thing we’ll be having an exorcist over soon. :sweat_smile:

@bigblock66 – in less than 20 minutes!

5 Likes

Hiya, @bigblock66! :slight_smile:

Pop a squat and join us, if you please.

cracks open another Thrashed Apple Mountain Dew

It’s like drinking a liquified caramel apple. So good!

puts a few cans on ice in a chilled wine bucket, should anyone else want

4 Likes

Gonna jump in shower and try to make it. :sunglasses:đŸ„ž

4 Likes

:sleeping: she liiiives!

5 Likes

morning all my Peeps !!!
i slept in cuz of headache
 but i’m all cued up, mt dew in hand, ready to go.
just let me know when to hit play

5 Likes

That’s good! Though with our movie today, even if you weren’t, you’d have some company. :smiley:

5 Likes

Five minute warning!

5 Likes

I’m here hope I didn’t arrive late

5 Likes

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Supes. !!! Christopher Reeve would have been 69 today
 RIP

5 Likes