DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along #7: Batman: The Brave and The Bold, Saturday, September 18th at 8 AM P/11 AM E

Happy Batman Day @DCAnimatedClub, and anyone else who appreciates quality animation!

Upon watching Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and The Bold in our last gathering, it’s time to go back to where all of that fun began: 2008’s Batman: The Brave and The Bold!

If you know Watch-Alongs, you know the deal, but if this is your first time, then grab your Batarang and check out the deets below! :batparrot:

What we’re watching:

Batman: The Brave and The Bold Season 1, episodes:

• 1: “The Rise of the Blue Beetle!”
  • 2: “Terror on Dinosaur Island!”
  • 3: “Evil Under The Sea!”

Note: We’ll be taking a five minute break between episodes. Just in case you need to refill your cereal, have a quick team-up with a lesser-known (but still absolutely badass) hero and/or to do whatever five minute voodoo it is that you do. :superman_hv_4:

When we’re watching: The morning of Saturday, September 18th at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern.

Where we’re commenting: In this thread starting at the above-listed date/time. :point_up:t2:

How we’re watching: Batman: The Brave and The Bold is available on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital HD while streaming on HBO Max. Whatever viewing method strikes you as the bravest of the bold, please be ready to jump into the fun with the above episodes and your commenting method of choice (computer, phone, tablet, chisel and stone, etc.) when the clock strikes Play Time. :watch: :play_or_pause_button:

A special thanks to @Bar-El for inspiring this week’s Watch-Along. Give her a round of applause, folks! :clap:t2: :clap:t2:

So, be brave and bold by joining in the fun this coming Saturday! I hope to see you there, DC Animaniacs! :batman: :clark_hv_4:

6 Likes

U can’t type fast enough to name all the characters in B&B. One of my favorite DC pics & moments came from it too. The Mask of Matches Malone. Canary, Huntress & Catwoman all dolled up is tough to top. Great voices too btw. We all knew BC could sing. But Helena & Selina can bring it as well.

5 Likes

Clark Kent, his fellow Kryptonians and those embued with the powers of the Speed Force might agree to disagree. :wink:

:clark_hv_4: :ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

Yes. If Clark Kent or Barry, Wally, Jesse, Max, Bart, Zoom, Boomerang Jr., Eobard, Hunter, Savitar, Godspeed, Johnny Quick, Liberty Belle, Irey, Inertia, Eliza, Daniel, Ivana, Baroness Blitzkrieg, John Fox, Rival, XS, Jay, Godspeed, Black Racer, or Avery join us? We’re not only gonna get the names typed, but reality will change forever lol.

:flash_hv_5: :00_flash1:

5 Likes

Ruh-roh Raggy! We’ll need oodles of Sccoby Snacks then, won’t we?

5 Likes

Or Bat-Snacks, just gotta make sure Shaggy isn’t anywhere near….:eyes:

3 Likes

Tell him to go “cut the grass” somewhere and he’ll be gone like The Flash. :wink:

Wait until he arrives at said somewhere and finds a lawnmower and hedge clippers, upon which a note that reads “Please cut the grass with these.” is affixed to them.

I bet he’ll be saying “Zoinks!” while Scooby enjoys a nice, fat box of Scooby Snacks all to himself.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: Shags needs a keep off the grass sign around his neck. He’d be my buddy tho for sure…

3 Likes

So, think you’ll make next Saturday, @capo-mage?

3 Likes

I plan on making every Saturday. I haven’t been able to keep a sleep schedule the same ever tho. Hoping, if it switches, it goes to me waking up early. That way I can just wait.

3 Likes

Woo! :partying_face:

Reminds me of when I used to wait outside Toys R Us and Target for new toys during the summers of my high school years.

My then-BFF and I would sometimes pull all-nighters doing nerdy stuff and then we’d look at the clock and say “Let’s just stay up, go to Target and Toys R Us when they open and then I’ll (whichever was a guest at the other’s place) take off afterward.”

Good times, much like Saturday Morning Watch-Alongs.

2 Likes

I know the feeling… The Internet kind of ruined that? But, people still do it; pitch tents & wait in line. Man, props to those people. As much as I complain about technology. I love waiting on my Amazon packages :package: :joy:. I can’t help it. Also, got a T from DC Shop. Ty Jim Lee, for informing me thru a mass text. That Zatanna FINALLY has her own T shirt. I’ve been searching Z & Huntress T shirts forever…still waiting on a Huntress. But, well done DC Shop. It went in my cart maybe 10 seconds after I received that text haha…

2 Likes

Well good morning crew and Happy Batman Day! :batparrot:

3 Likes

G’mornin’, Super Fan @Bar-EL! :wave:t2: :clark_hv_4:

3 Likes

One minute to go…:batparrot:

3 Likes

Ah yes the classic WB music!

3 Likes

GA Green Arrow. :hugs:

3 Likes

Wait a dang second, was that a chest shield wrapper weapon??? Superman II would like a word with you Bats!

3 Likes

A few minutes in and a bunch of great memories are flooding back in.

4 Likes

Yet another instance of where Batman can thank Superman for being an inspiration.

2 Likes