DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along #11: Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, October 16th at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern

that was Atrocitus?

4 Likes

:joy: he wouldn’t call back. I’d get a who dis?

3 Likes

Pre-RL Atrocitus.

4 Likes

These sets are gorgeous and so detailed

3 Likes

Pre- Manhunters kill entire race on Ysmault?

3 Likes

Indeed, the production design was chef’s kiss.

3 Likes

And Sinestro is destined to wield the yellow. First Flight and the Reynolds flick both did a good job of that

4 Likes

I really wish we could have seen Mark Strong’s Sinestro as the villain of the LA GL movie, especially as a Yellow Lantern.

4 Likes

Laira becomes a red too. Just remembered that?

3 Likes

Yea when I rewatched GL I didn’t think it was fantastic but it wasn’t garbage. They could have really got it right the second time around. Same with Superman Returns. It’s sad cuz now we’re 20 years later wondering what could have been

3 Likes

Go Mogo

4 Likes

I agree. On what’s your biggest DC secret thread long time ago? I said I kinda liked GL.

3 Likes

Mogo just sacrificing another planet without a second thought

3 Likes

Agree. It has its moments, and even the bad stuff isn’t that bad. It just falls short of what it could have been.

3 Likes

Yea story wise it was really fun! And honestly the CGI suits are exactly what they still do, but the tech is better. Idk I guess I like controversial movies lmao

3 Likes

I think he can tell the difference between live planets and the hunks of rock…

4 Likes

Expectations breed disappointment

3 Likes

Great one ty @Vroom great to watch with everyone!!!

3 Likes

Well, Green Lantern was my most-anticipated movie of 2011, so…:wink:

3 Likes

Oh true, I assumed OA was a live planet but that makes me feel better that they didn’t just wipe out critters and stuff lol

3 Likes