DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along #11: Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, October 16th at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern

Great one ty @Vroom great to watch with everyone!!!

3 Likes

Well, Green Lantern was my most-anticipated movie of 2011, so…:wink:

3 Likes

Oh true, I assumed OA was a live planet but that makes me feel better that they didn’t just wipe out critters and stuff lol

3 Likes

Bruce Timm and Greg Berlanti were producers on this…

4 Likes

No wonder it was so great!

2 Likes

Carol Ferris was cast perfectly. I’m just mad we never got to see her as Star Sapphire. But I agree. I do love Ryan Reynolds & I get where it would be disappointing to hardcore GL fans. But, there’s been way worse for how much hatred it received. I liked it 🤷🏻

3 Likes

Thanks for attending, all! You’re worthy of record in the Book of Oa! :00_lc_green_lantern:

Also, don’t forget about @Bar-El’s Smallville WAL later today.

2 Likes

That’s true. That’s why I’m such a hardcore trailer, spolier & reviews avoider. It can influence both ways. If I hear it’s unreal it never matches expectations. If I hear it’s bad I go in with that attitude & it effects the viewing. I go in totally blind & it’s way better that way for me personally…

3 Likes

Thanks again for hosting @Vroom & ty everyone who watched along. Great company as always!!!

3 Likes

Thank you as always @Vroom and see ya’ll at FanDome!!!

3 Likes

Great Watch! Thanks for hosting.

4 Likes

Sorry for not being here for this one – had to get some chores done around the house so I can watch Fandome uninterrupted. :sweat_smile:

If anyone’s still in a WAL mood, I actually set one up for Fandome!

4 Likes

You’re good. I hope to see you bright and early next week. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks again for hosting @Vroom & ty everyone who watched along. Great company as always!!

2 Likes

You’re welcome. Thanks for slingin’ your ring and joining us! :0_lc_green_lantern_hal_jordan:

2 Likes

I tried so hard to post that the second it ended. Kept saying due to the high traffic on the site (due to fandome) my message couldn’t be posted. I forgot about it. Just saw a message & came back realizing it never went thru. That’s some serious traffic.

2 Likes

I was busy on Saturday after FanDome, but once or twice, I did think “If I went to the community now, I bet it would be running slow, due all of the increased traffic.”

I hope FanDome brought some new fans to DCUI. Not just for the community, but also our amazing library, as well.

2 Likes

It seemed to more so this year then the previous ones. Never had the congestion b4. I did the watch along year one of it. I wasn’t even involved in it this year & I couldn’t post anywhere on here so I just left & watched solo.

2 Likes

Just Imagine…™ how it will be for next year.

I have faith that the PTB will take care of things so that the community will endure high traffic during future FanDomes. I’m sure that last year and this year were definitely full of worthwhile learning points.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for my uploading to be fixed. But, in all fairness- I did say no rush & I meant it. I can still deal. It’s just that I post more then most as far as pictures & panels on threads.

2 Likes