DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along #11: Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, October 16th at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern

Green Lantern greetings @DCAnimatedClub, and all other fans of animation that stars gallant and green-clad intergalactic law enforcers!

This coming Saturday, we’ll be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the best Green Lantern movie from 2011: Green Lantern: Emerald Knights! Read on for how you can shine your ring on this anthology tale!

What: 2011’s Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, starring Nathan Fillion as Hal Jordan.

When and where: Saturday, October 16th at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern and in this thread.

How: Green Lantern: Emerald Knights is available on physical and digital home video formats, while also streaming on HBO Max. However you choose to “light 'em up”/shine your light on this movie, please be on time and ready to push Play when the Guardians come calling. :mantelpiece_clock: :play_or_pause_button:

That’s the mission DC Animaniacs! Make sure to stop by here for a hearty, animated, anthology adventure in the cosmos of the DC Universe before you head on to all of the wonderful and amazing excitement of DC FanDome!

See you there, Corps! :00_lc_green_lantern:

6 Likes

That was a good movie.:grinning:

3 Likes

Indeed, indeed. It’s also the best GL movie ever, at this point in time, and its my third favorite of the DC Universe Animated Original Movies line, after the Superman/Batman duology.

My favorite tale is the one with Laira, as she’s badass.

3 Likes

Although I definitely do like Green Lantern: First Flight the best, that was really good!:slightly_smiling_face:
:00_lc_green_lantern1:

3 Likes

That’s definitely the best origin GL movie of all time (sorry/not sorry, Reynolds).

3 Likes

I love this movie!

3 Likes

You modded your avatar again, nice!

I’m sure the GLC would approve. :00_lc_green_lantern:

3 Likes

See but this was days ago. I’m not going to touch it again. It seems to wig out my account lmao :rofl:

3 Likes

:thinking: Curious. Well, when in doubt, blame Mxy.

3 Likes

I love this movie

2 Likes

You’ve good taste, fellow ranch shot fan. :+1:t2:

Will you be amongst the corps when it convenes in 6 days?

2 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Worthy of record in the Book of Oa.

SN: As Hal is the star of this movie, my favorite figures of him are:

• Kenner Super Powers
  • Total Justice Parallax
  • DCUC (original wave 3 release)
  • DC Essentials (regular and DCeased versions)
2 Likes

I have so many Hal’s. My uploading is on the fritz & in the extremely capable hands of the DCUI tech team. I had to keep going back & retrieving ones that appeared as code. It did inspire me to start albums of figures & filter them tho. Idk I could do albums, & the filtering I’m making progress. But, long way to go. The difference is incredible tho. I wish I could redo my collection thread…there’s some u can’t even see. This Catwoman Ame-Comi was unseeable. Still not great b/c of the conditions the pics were taken in. I guess I could reshoot them? But, it’s literally night & day. Went from pitch black to actually being able to see them…

2 Likes

As statues generally aren’t my bag, I never got into that line, but I do like the concept behind it, as well as the comic based off of it.

The Ame-Comi mini-statues grabbed my four eyes, though. Especially those of Power Girl and Supergirl.

I think there were some GL characters in the regular and mini Ame-Comi lines, but I don’t remember, offhand.

2 Likes

I got Hawkgirl & every review said don’t buy this. Said Mace didn’t fit in hands & she doesn’t stand. I bought it. Nobody checked to see if the Mace unscrewed. I did, & sure enough, it unscrews then u screw it back in & never fallen ever. I’ve had that PG & SG so many times & didn’t jump. They all 3 come as a package deal. Hawkgirl, PG & SG. Also PG & SG come as a 2 figure deal. I have Catwoman & Zatanna Ame-Come’s & both are great. Z was another I retooled & still tough to fully make out compared to other pics. Has the purple rabbit in the hat tho!!! Gotta love that. The Big Barda is in my dream category. That Catwoman was the fastest selling ever too so I couldn’t be happier with em.

Pics don’t do it justice. This is on my wish list. Standing on a Parademons head, tough to top?

2 Likes

With all of this talk of Ame-Comi schtuff, I feel a re-read of Ame-Comi Girls coming on.

2 Likes

Might join ya’. I’ve been rereading crossovers lately. Just waiting til Flashpoint has been long enough to read again. Can’t wait, but, it hasn’t been long enough yet…Gotham City Garage comic & figures are amazing too!!!

2 Likes

“Long enough” meaning…?

2 Likes