DC Animated Club Presents: Saturday Morning Watch-Along #4: Mighty Morphin' Metamorpho! Saturday, August 21st at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern

I hope so, too! You’d be most welcome. :slight_smile:

Metamorpho is a tremendously awesome character. Be it in his assorted solo books (none of which are yet available in digital), the different volumes of Batman and The Outsiders (as well as non-Batman Outsiders series), Justice League Europe and/or The Terrifics (among other titles), he’s just FUN.

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

2 Likes

Me too, especially given how tardy I was this past Saturday. :joy:

hates to be tardy, and will not go to the grocery store prior to a morning WAL again

2 Likes

I’ll be here for at least the Justice League episodes! (No disrespect to Beware the Batman, I just watched it all again too recently.)

2 Likes

“Shiny, shiny.”

1 Like

Big fan of the show’s Tobias Whale. Consistently one of DC’s most underrated villains.

“He has the gall to offer me a piece of my city? It ain’t his to give, baby!”

2 Likes

He is underrated, especially in the toys and collectibles ecosphere, where has precisely 0 toys and/or collectibles (McDonald’s even skipped him in their BTB promotion; what clowns!).

Which Tobias Whale do you like best outside the comics: BTB or Black Lightning?

1 Like

Both are so good, but Krondon’s portrayal on Black Lightning is absolutely top tier. I wouldn’t hesitate to call him the best villain in the entire CWverse. The only one who comes close is Tom Cavanagh Reverse Flash.

2 Likes

Black Lightning hasn’t held my interest continually, so I’d lean more towards the BTB iteration, especially since it was his first go-around in animation (which is one of the things that made BTB so good in the first place), and I tend to prioritize animation over live-action.

1 Like

Me too. I tend to favor animated adaptations myself. But Krondon lent a level of nuance rarely seen in the CW to the character. It was mesmerizing to behold. He was always the strongest part of the show.

1 Like

stands atop tower

42 minutes to go, and all is well!

says “Oh-wee-oh!” as he makes his way down into the castle for a bowl of Corn Pops

1 Like

mimics the speech pattern of the evacuation warning in Aliens

You now have 12 minutes to reach viewing distance.

rings the bell for @Bar-El, @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder, @HubCityQuestion and anyone else who’d like to attend

As a bald man once said 5 years ago, “Ding, ding, ding, ding!”

2 Likes

Ready to rock!

1 Like

Are you taking suggestions for future Watch-Alongs? Because it might be fun to do a “Terrible Terrible Trio Trio”: the BTAS Terrible Trio episode, the The Batman '04 Terrible Trio episode, and the Brave and the Bold Terrible Trio episode.

2 Likes

In the words of Vasquez: “Let’s rock!”

fires via the Play button

2 Likes

Suggestions are always welcome. Next Saturday is booked, and the one after might be as well (still noodling about a couple options for it) but at some point :notes: “in the not-too-distant future” :notes:, that’s an option that could certainly work.

2 Likes

Another concept: the Guest Star Episodes of STAS. Flash, Doctor Fate, Aquaman, Kyle Rayner. Kind of like a “DC Comics Presents” collection.

2 Likes

That would work quite well for a “Kenner should have made 'em in their STAS line, but didn’t.”-themed WAL. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That music when the train took off sounded familiar. STAS? :thinking:

2 Likes

One thing I know about smuggling is that it’s always easier to do by train than by air.

2 Likes