DC Animated Club Presents: Saturday Morning Watch-Along #4: Mighty Morphin' Metamorpho! Saturday, August 21st at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern

Greetings, fans of the DC animation element!

For our next sugary get-together, we’re going to be focusing on Rex Mason, aka Metamorpho, the Element Man!

Here’s what will be metamorphosing in a way that gets under Simon Stagg’s skin:

• Justice League S1, E22: Metamorphosis, part 1
  • Justice League S1, E23: Metamorphosis, part 2
  • Beware The Batman S1, E6: Toxic

If you’re new to the DCAC Saturday Morning Watch-Along party, then “Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!” and read on to learn how to participate in the fun:

• The party takes place in this thread on Saturday, August 21st at 8 AM Pacific Time/11 AM Eastern Time. Please be on time, but if you should run late, fear not, as we’ll happily catch you up. :slight_smile:

• Once the clock strikes, we all push Play. Once “Metamorphosis, part 1” concludes, we’ll take a break until :30 after the hour, at which point, we can stretch our limbs, thumb our nose at Simon Stagg, say hi to Sapphire, etc. At :30 after the hour, we hit Play once more to see how Metamorpho and the Justice League will save the day (Will they, though? Tune in to find out!). Following that, we’ll take a five-minute break so as to switch over to Beware The Batman and get ready for Metamorpho in ever-so snazzy :sparkles: CGI! :sparkles:

• You’ll need one device (TV, computer, phone, etc.) to watch our content on, while using another device (computer, phone, etc.) to comment with. It’s a 2 (devices) for 1 (Watch-Along) Stagg Industries-sponsored :sparkles: wing-ding! :sparkles: :partying_face: :batparrot: :man_dancing: :woman_cartwheeling:

• Justice League and Beware The Batman are available on DVD, Blu-ray and Digital HD, while also streaming on HBO Max. Whichever viewing element you prefer, be ready to morph once Play Time rolls around.

As always, bring your favorite cereal along! You can’t enjoy a DC Animated Club Saturday Morning Watch-Along without a bowl of your bestest, favoritest, cereal. I recommend the Metamorph-Os myself, as they’re packed with minerals and elements essential to a good, sugar-heavy breakfast!

That’s the happs, Stretch. I’ll see you, bright and early, in this thread, Saturday, August 21st at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern as we get our Element Party on and take in that ever-so-terrific man of the elements, Metamorpho!

Stay animated, and remember: Never do what Java would do.

6 Likes

Poor Java…

2 Likes

Yeah, you do feel for him, at times. Stagg screws him over continually, and like most lackeys, Java just takes it.

2 Likes

Plus he has a burning fire for Sapphire, & he’s basically a caveman…?

2 Likes

I can’t blame him having a star for Sapphire. :0_lc_star_sapphire: :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah, for real.

2 Likes

I’ll bet Carol Ferris is glad Java doesn’t have a crush on her. Because…you know…Star Sapphire…

ponders what Sapphire would be like, were she a Star Sapphire

2 Likes

Yeah…2 Sapphires is kind of weird in DC. Never really thought of it b4. Never thought to distinguish if I’m talking Sapphire Stagg or Star Sapphire b4…?

2 Likes

See, now you have an inclination to do so. Go forth my lad, and spread your knowledge to the masses!

Who says comic books and comic book-based entertainment can’t teach anyone anything of import? Oh, that Wertham guy? His book is only good for one thing: Sticking under a car that has an oil leak. No soup for him! Next!

2 Likes

This is how I learned the difference between a Gargoyle & a Grotesque…

3 Likes

See? Comic books do edumacate! Excellent example, mon frere. :clap:t2:

SN: “Grizzly Adams did have a beard!”

3 Likes

Merci, mon frere je suis capo-mage.

2 Likes

Vive le France! :fr:

nabs a cookie from the mall cookie stand

2 Likes

Haha. Paris Summer Olympics coming up in 3, but Beijing is just round the corner for the Winter Olympics!!!

3 Likes

I honestly didn’t catch much of the Summer Olympics, but when the Winter Olympics roll around?

I needs my skating fix.

3 Likes

Love it all!! Can’t wait for all skating events!!

3 Likes

Likewise. I’ve got my “Speed Skating fanboy” t-shirt ready to go!

2 Likes

Nice!!! Speed Skating is phenomenal!!!

2 Likes

@DCAnimatedClub If this thread didn’t leave you with enough Metamorpho action and adventure to anticipate, then be sure to also peek in on this!

4 Likes

Hopefully I have that Saturday off so I can join the fun!

3 Likes