DC Animated Club Presents: Saturday Morning Watch-Along #2: Suicide Squad Shenanigans, Saturday, August 7th, 2021 at 8 AM PT/11 AM ET

Hello, DC Animaniacs!

The Suicide Squad is in theaters and on HBO Max Friday, August 6th. While the latest live-action adventure involving Amanda Waller and her ever-so-chipper collection of larcenous ne’er do-wells rocks theater and home screens, we’ll be digging into their very first appearances in animation, both on TV and in the world of direct-to-video animated movies.

Check out the sweet, brain-implanted details below that will make you :boom: KA-BLAM:boom: for joy!

What: Saturday Morning Watch-Along #2, featuring:

• Justice League Unlimited, season 2, episode 4, “Task Force X”
    (written by Darwyn Cooke :partying_face: :exploding_head:)
  • Batman: Assault on Arkham

When: Saturday, August 7th, at 8 AM Pacific Time/11 AM Eastern Time.

Where: In this thread at the above start time. :point_up:t2: :stopwatch:

Why: Because the Suicide Squad’s back on the big screen, and when you’re not at the theater and/or watching them on HBO Max, spend some time with them and your fellow DCUI members right here! Don’t forget that DCUI’s library has a TON of Suicide Squad comics, so do check those out, too.

Also, there’s cereal, and what goes better with TV and movie-based entertainment starring a bunch of criminals than a bowl of delightfully sweet cereal? This is one week where you just might want to dive into some Corn :boom: Pops :boom:.

How to participate:

• We begin at 8 AM PT/11AM ET. Please be on time, but if you should be late, we’ll happily catch you up. :superman_hv_4:

• Once the clock strikes, we all push Play, for we’ll start with Justice League Unlimited. Once it concludes, we’ll take a break until :30 past your respective hour. This break will allow you time to: get ready for our next presentation, check in with Waller, reload your cereal collector (“bowl”, as it’s known in some circles), make an attempt to dig out the bomb Waller put in you (I don’t recommend that, but to each their own), etc., etc. Once :30 after the hour comes along, it’ll be time to hop the Arkham fence (“Up and at them!”) for Batman: Assault on Arkham.

• You’ll need one device (TV, computer, phone, etc) to watch our content on, while using another device (computer, phone, etc) to comment with. It’s a 2 (devices) for 1 (Watch-Along) entertainment bo-nan-za! :partying_face: :cowboy_hat_face:

• Justice League Unlimited is available on DVD, Blu-ray, Digital HD and streaming on HBO Max, while Batman: Assault on Arkham is available on DVD, Blu-ray, Digital HD, 4K UHD Blu-ray, Digital 4K UHD and streaming on HBO Max as well. However you choose to enjoy these sensational Suicide Squad stories is up to you, just be ready to go when we begin at the top of the hour, as well as at the bottom of the hour. Otherwise, Waller might put you on duties that you wouldn’t like. Or, she might blow your head off. Point being, don’t mess with The Wall. :slight_smile:

• Once more, you’re also welcome to munch on a bowl of your favorite cereal during our festivities, as animation and cereal go hand in hand. Corn :boom:Pops:boom:, Cookie Crunch, Sugar Smacks, whatever you like. :0_harley_quinn: :kinghsark_grinhqtas:

That’s all there is to it, DC Animated Squad! Very simple, and so easy. :slight_smile:

I’ll see you right here, in this thread on Saturday, August 7th at 8 AM Pacific/11 AM Eastern, as we celebrate the return of Amanda Waller and her Suicide Squad on the big screen/HBO Max by checking out their very first starring gigs in animated TV and movies.

I hope to see you here, and as always, stay animated! :harley_hv_4: :superman_hv_4:

6 Likes

Oh good…I have a chance to redeem myself
:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

That’s the spirit! Keep hope alive!

3 Likes

I’ll be there!!! And if I’m not, then I’ve made Ms. Waller very angry…

4 Likes

:superman:uper! :partying_face: :tada:

Jinkies! :nerd: Don’t make Ms. Waller angry, because you wouldn’t like her when she’s angry. She turns into a big, formidable, hulking, Wall. It’s quite incredible, really.

4 Likes

Oh snap, I didn’t know Darwyn Cooke wrote that Task Force X episode. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Talk about a mindblower, eh? :wink:

The talent that wrote for JLU was legendary: Cooke, Dwayne McDuffie, DeMatteis, Giffen, Steranko, etc.

3 Likes

Hey @Vroom, don’t forget to add these to the Community Calendar! I check that all the time when planning out my week and I didn’t see this on there.

4 Likes

(It’ll be on the community highlights thread tomorrow!)

5 Likes

Thank you for your attention to detail, @Bar-El. :slight_smile:

Swamp Thing/@Alec.Holland has The Goods jotted down.

stocks the DCAC snack cabinet with Movie Theater Butter-flavored Pop Secret popcorn

5 Likes

Was the song Learning to Breathe by Switchfoot?

3 Likes

Nope. 'Twas “Awake”, by Godsmack.

Good guess, though. :slight_smile: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

Ty & awwwww I saw Godsmack twice. With the Stone Temple Pilots & Disturbed return of the rock tour. Than visiting the Rock Hall in Cleveland they just showed up unplanned & played a set in the records, cds, cassette tape music section. Such a bonus!!!

3 Likes

Just under 24 hours to go, Squad!

says “Right this way, kiddies…” ala DeVito’s Penguin

4 Likes

I’m ready with my fresh supply of cereal! :bowl_with_spoon:

4 Likes

Noice! Whatcha got?

4 Likes

Well I diverged a little from Kellogs don’t tell the PEP gang and I’ve got Honey Bunches of Oats with almonds and I got some blueberries since they are in season! :smiley:

5 Likes

My lips are sealed.

Ermagash, that sounds awesome. I haven’t had HBOA since I was…golly, in my teens, maybe? :thinking:

I’ve also never had fresh fruit in my cereal before. Well, I think I tried strawberries in my cereal a long time ago, but I don’t recall it working out well. Especially since strawberries are my favorite fruit.

4 Likes

You should give them a try in salad! Surprisingly good!

4 Likes

(:monkey:Monkey hand :penguin_smirkhqtas:Penguin a note)

:00_batman_1986:

:grin:

4 Likes