[DC Animated Club] Present: Superman The Animated Series

1. Did you watch Superman The Animated Series when it first aired on TV?

Definitely. I was just becoming the Superman fanatic that I am, and this show was a big influence.

1. What’s your favorite episode?

Apokolips…Now! Part 2.

“In the end…the world didn’t need a Superman. Just a brave one.”

Gets me everytime.

1. Who’s your Favorite Character?

Not counting Superman of course, then it’s the Toyman. But I love them all, so it’s really difficult to say.

1. What’s your favorite Issue from Superman Adventures?

This one, because I love the twist at the end, but I could pick any issue of Mark Millar’s and it would be just as true. His run of issues on this series is my favorite work of his.

2 Likes

The re-release on HBO Max is in HD, so I’m really hoping that means we get a Blu-Ray release soon.

2 Likes

My Toyman figure display (took a few months to put together, but I love how it turned out).

1 Like

Your Toyman toys look awesome, and Thankyou for your sharing and your comments.:slightly_smiling_face:
:superman:

1 Like

No problem. I loved this series and would be over the moon if they brought it back like they’re doing with Batman, even if just for a season. I would give anything to see their versions of villains like Solaris, Magog, Manchester Black, Superboy Prime, Atomic Skull, Lord Vyndktvx, or Xa-Du.

1 Like

I came to the series late but really love it

1 Like

There’s 1 comic I actually forgot about while doing the comic stuff, but better late then never. :slightly_smiling_face:
Here’s Batman Gotham Adventures when Superman team up with Batman! :grinning:

Batman Gotham Adventures #36
:batman: :superman:

2 Likes

I’m so glad I found this ?topic?thread?post?. It’s interesting too. I just today decided to watch Superman TAS from my DVD collection. I am looking forward to the HD release. I didn’t know it was scheduled. One of the things that I really like, is the opening credits. Music and all. My brother, Jor-El, :sunglasses: in the first episode (The Last Son Of Krypton Part 1, 2 & 3) is what got me hooked. Great artwork and story. It’s what inspired my personal DC story. (I’m also Bruce Wayne’s little brother.)
I’m gonna keep coming back a lot. Thanks for doing this for us, @Reaganfan78

Clark-to-Superman

4 Likes

Loving the short videos you’ve included here. The video with the opening credit music is awesome.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thankyou for your two comments and the DVD cover pictures @Jared-El_Wayne-the.Kryptonian! :grinning:
And welcome to DC Universe Infinite!

2 Likes

This was beautiful and I’m mad we didn’t get to see it animated! Seriously though it had everything I love about a Batman/Superman team up!

2 Likes

In a fall of 1997, Superman The Animated Series became The New Batman/Superman Adventures with the return of Batman with a new appearance for each characters to match with Superman’s world.
worlds_finest_movie
BatmanSupermanAdv

Here’s the opening & closing credit for the series…

Superman and Batman would meet in World’s Finest 3 part episodes.
A year a go I did a topic on world’s Finest on 3 different Animated shows. Looking back I think I could’ve done a bit more and better. The club was in it’s second week and was still new at this. Here’s a link…

Here’s a music collection of Superman The Animated Series that I found on YouTube. There are 163 different music by Shirley Walker from the series, Enjoy!:grinning:

2 Likes

Does anybody have a link to the sheet music for the main theme? I tried looking the other day so my husband could play it for me on the piano, but all I got for results was the main theme from the 1978 movie. We found lots and lots of videos for B:TAS but not for S:TAS

1 Like

:frowning:I’m sorry, all I could find was music sheet for Superman the movie and Batman the Animated series.

1 Like

That’s ok, it seems to be impossible to find!

1 Like

There’s actually free software that will convert a music file into sheet music. I’ll send you a possibility by private message in a minute.

2 Likes

Hey thanks! That’s a great idea!

3 Likes

Can I still join?

1 Like