[DC Animated Club] Present: Legends of The Dark Knight Watch along, Mon Mar. 16 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST

50s_Batman_and_Robin_handshake
The winner for this Monday night watch along is Legends of The Dark Knight! Kids come up with an idea what Batman may be like, this episode look at two different Batman classics comic book look including The Dark Knight Returns.
The Watch along is this Monday night at 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST. Hope to see you there.:slightly_smiling_face::popcorn::desktop_computer:

2 Likes

This episode was a good test run for The Brave and the Bold and the adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns. It’s also very reminiscent of a Starlin issue that I won’t be covering in my club:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/batman-1940-423/eaf014c8-2a91-4ea5-b6d0-d6f8fd48b98f/

2 Likes

Less then 30 minutes til Legends of the dark Knight!:grinning:

10 more minutes to go!

1 Like

3 more minutes to go!:slightly_smiling_face:

On your Mark…get set…GO!

1 Like

Nice to see some love for Bill Finger during this period.

1 Like

Hello @Jay_Kay, I agree! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I wish we live in a world with giant props.

1 Like

Bruce Tim had an idea for kids version of different Batman, he had no idea there was a comic of it!

1 Like

Fun fact on that book, one of the kids in the comic, who is black, talks about how he looks like him and there’s a name in it called Batwing. Grant Morrison would later use that as inspiration for Batwing, the Batman of Africa.

1 Like

Joker’s reactions here would be perfect fodder for internet reaction images.

This first story is my favorite, wish they could’ve made more episodes.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They do a really good job paying tribute to Dick Sprang and the style of comics at that time. It also feels like if Batman '66 had a big, modern budget.

1 Like

Batman does reminds me of Adam West.

I love how when they’re not actively doing anything they’re just standing stock still like statues. :laughing:

1 Like

Poor Joker getting slam by a piano!

Why is “old chum” the last straw?

1 Like

Yeah Joel, I hear his costume has molded buttocks and nipples too.

1 Like

Nice reference to Batman Forever.