[DC Animated Club] Present: Krypto The Superdog

Krypto_the_Superdog_title_card
Faster then a speedy car, able to leap the tallest fence, it’s not a bird, and it’s certainly not a plane, it’s Krypto The Superdog!
With DC League Of Super-pets coming to theater this Friday (July 29, 2022), We’ll be looking at Krypto The Superdog comic book series.
Krypto first appeared in Adventures Comic #210, originally he was seen as a one time appearance, as soon as he was popular with the fans, they brought him back later as a series regular for Superboy.
Krypto1st

Krypto made his first animated appearance in The Adventures of Superboy, he would join many adventures with young Clark Kent and help save the day.
the-adventures-of-superboy-cbs

Years later in March of 2005, Krypto The Superdog first aired, the series would last for 2 season with 39 episodes.

Krypto would be join by Ace The Bathound, Streaky The Supercat and more for this series.
Krypto’s Owner is not Superman, but a young boy named Kevin Whitney.

Comics

As far as I know, the series did have a comic book series which lasted up to 6 issues, thankfully DC Universe Infinite does have them. Here’s the 6 issues of Krypto The Superdog…

Krypto The Superdog #1

Krypto The Superdog #2

Krypto The Superdog #3

Krypto The Superdog #4

Krypto The Superdog #5

Krypto The Superdog #6

Questions

1. Which animated version Of Krypto is your favorite?
  2. Had you ever watch Krypto The Superdog animated series?
  3. Are you excited to see League Of Super-Pets?
  4. Have you ever read the comic of Krypto The Superdog series?

I’ll be adding more stuff soon, have a great day. :grinning:

:ttns_gif_krypto:

6 Likes
  • Which animated version Of Krypto is your favorite?
    The Adventures of Superboy, nothing better than a boy and his dog.
  • Had you ever watch Krypto The Superdog animated series?
    A couple of episodes
  • Are you excited to see League Of Super-Pets?
    Will probably wait for HBOMAX premier.
  • Have you ever read the comic of Krypto The Superdog series?
    Yes, it was geared to a much younger audience than myself, but was cute and amusing, from m recollection.
3 Likes

Ah, nostalgia!

2 Likes

I’m a fan of Krypto for sure. My favorite Krypto includes live action Titans btw. Woof, watch out for those heat vision stares!!

I hear there is an episode of Smallville called “Krypto” too! (Season 4, Episode 14) @Bar-El

Krypto1

1. Which animated version Of Krypto is your favorite?

I seem to recall Krypto appearing in some of the Superman DC movies of the past 15 years, but I’ll verify that. Oh, too bad, his skeleton appears in Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox. Awwww…

He’s also supposed to be in Superman: The Animated Series, “The Last Son of Krypton”

In Justice League Unlimited, “For the Man Who Has Everything” I believe Krypto appears in a dream sequence.

A few more, but there ya go. I haven’t watched the animated series he stars in yet…

1. Had you ever watch Krypto The Superdog animated series?

No, but now I may!

1. Are you excited to see League Of Super-Pets?

Not a lot, but I’ll check it out once it hits HBO Max.

1. Have you ever read the comic of Krypto The Superdog?

No, but I faithfully pursue any Silver Age appearances of him!!! And again I’ll go ahead and check out this comic series today for fun.

3 Likes

Yes, and that theme song is an ear worm :worm: Listen at your own peril, you’ve been warned. Just thinking about the show put it back in my brain! Kryptoooooooooo the super dog!

2 Likes

My favorite animated Krypto is in Justice League Action

3 Likes