[DC Animated Club] Present: Justice League, Secret Origins Watch Along, Fri. March 25th 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST

Ouch.

I don’t care much for Superman in STAS, but I like him well enough in this show.

1 Like

Batman doesn’t seem to care about the signal watch.:laughing:

1 Like

I have to say that this episode looks better than STAS or the WB season of BTAS.

1 Like

There’s a nice bit of continuity here with Superman still being distrusted after the ending of STAS.

1 Like

Looking back, I do now appreciate the artstyle.:grinning:

1 Like

Snapper Carr! Now it’s really a Justice League story.

1 Like

Superman always seem to make speech at the united nation.

1 Like

At least it looks like the UN this time. Superman IV couldn’t afford a convincing stand-in for the UN building.

1 Like

When Michael Rosenbaum not filming Smallville, you can bet he was working on Justice League.:grinning:

1 Like

Like the first Justice League comic, this episode is filled with sci-fi.:alien:

1 Like

“Batman’s dead! Now I must assemble a team in his memory!”

“Uh, I’m alive. And it’s my job to assemble a team if you die, remember?”

1 Like

Don’t ever touch the mask!:laughing:

Yeah, it’s hard to justify the formation of a Justice League without some huge threat.

1 Like

This episode is going from World’s Finest to later Justice League.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The aliens kept coming and coming!

In the original Silver Age comics, the League was formed to face the Appellaxians. That alien race also appeared in one of the Superman & Batman Magazine stories, which unfortunately didn’t remain in DCAU canon for long.

1 Like

Superman is leaving for something.

1 Like

Almost like Independence Day. Hey Wonder Woman!:grinning:

1 Like

So with Diana, we’re following the post-Crisis notion that she arrives in Man’s World as part of a big cosmic event. (In the comics, her arrival was linked with Legends, the first big crossover after Crisis on Infinite Earths. In that case, it was Darkseid causing trouble.)

1 Like