DC Animated Club Present: Batman The Animated Series Watch Along, Every Saturday Morning 9:00am PST/12:00pm EST

:sweat_smile: That it does.

Speaking of Gargoyles and BTAS…what’d they have in common (besides being kick-ass TV shows, 'natch)?

Kenner-made toys!

4 Likes

Having actors in the voice cast from Star Trek?

4 Likes

As Batman himself once said in 2005, “Damn good television.”

5 Likes

I’ll agree with that.:grin:

4 Likes

Especially on Gargoyles’ end. It was almost as common for Trek actors to be on that show as they were on Frasier.

5 Likes

Batman The Animated Series Watch Along
January 29 8:00am PST/11:00am EST.

On Leather Wings/Heart Of Ice.

6 Likes

I couldn’t do it! I even went to bed super early! Mornings are my kryptonite! :superman_hv_2:

4 Likes

That’s ok, there will be plenty more to come whenever you feel like getting up to join us, you’re always welcome.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I will make it happen! See I’ve got this night job… :0_batman_naob:

4 Likes

says “Are you the real Batman?” in his best Heath Ledger Joker voice

3 Likes

In honor of tomorrow’s Man-Bat and Mr. Freeze-based offerings, here’s a li’l charcuterie of assorted BTAS merch based on the two:

Kenner

DC Collectibles

5 Likes

:bat:

4 Likes

Eek! Its a bat, man!

goes to find the fly swatter or, better yet, open a window

3 Likes

What I love about the Mister Freeze toy is his helmet doesn’t come off and he has age really well. As for Man-Bat I always had fun imitating him with his bat growl.:laughing:

2 Likes

Ironic, considering what happens to Freeze in the end. :rofl:

3 Likes

He has aged well. I’ve had mine since 1996, and through several moves and assorted stints in storage, he’s just as good now as he was then.

You’d like this figure, then. Its of Man-Bat from Mattel’s DC Super Heroes line, and was a SDCC exclusive in 2007:

Package when closed:

Open:

The reason I say you’d like him is that when you open the flaps on the box, the sound of a screeching bat is emitted. You can look at the figure and it does the work of growling for you! That’s innovation as only Mattel can deliver.

Kind of a surprise DC Collectibles didn’t include a broken helmet and a container of chicken soup with their Freeze, given how their BTAS line was much more show-accurate than Kenner’s.

I would have bought him if they had included those items, but since they didn’t, I stuck with Kenner’s take.

3 Likes

Heh, I wasn’t even thinking of that, I was thinking more of his…bad turn in the fourth season/The New Batman Adventures.

3 Likes

Kenner

DC Collectibles

Hasbro expanded upon the insect body/separated head motif with a design of their own in 2000:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday @Bar-El! :confetti_ball::birthday::tada:

4 Likes