[DC Animated Club] Present: Batman & Mister Freeze Subzero Watch Along, Sat. Aug, 27th 9:00am PST/12:00pm EST

Batman live dangerously!

1 Like

Oh, yes: Dick Grayson’s last moment of getting along with Bruce in this continuity. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’ve always like Robin in the series, even his Tim Drake’s robin outfit!

1 Like

The great thing about the black background approach is that it gives the art a texture similar to film grain, which makes the show look more expensive and prestigious than it is. It looks like a classic theatrical short instead of a Saturday morning TV production.

1 Like

Ick. Bruce’s comments feel really weird in light of where the Batman/Batgirl relationship goes in TNBA.

1 Like

Batgirl! Too bad Melissa Gilbert didn’t voice her, it was Mary Kay Bergman. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That guy has some really, really blue eyes. Like, Dune-level blue.

1 Like

Belman was voice by the guy who played Scar-face, Ventriloquist and Perry White.:grinning:

1 Like

Freeze knows how to make a entrance.

1 Like

On the downside, I’ve noticed that some of the animation is a bit slow in this film. I bet that’s the restricted budget showing through.

1 Like

I like how Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon are dating, in my opinion they make a great couple.

1 Like

I really like this take on Bruce Wayne. Very Bronze Age. It’s too bad that they had to turn him into post-Zero Hour Bruce in TNBA and JL.

1 Like

I wasn’t a fan of his Justice League appearance.

1 Like

Vic, do you really think that Nora would be okay with you murdering someone to save her life?

1 Like

Very good point!

1 Like

I don’t mind the design in JL, but his personality shifted in the later shows to be more like the “Jerk to the Bat-Family” version of Bruce that existed in the comics after Knightfall.

1 Like

Barbara’s roommate really bad influence with less caution.

1 Like

Dance time!

1 Like

There’s something kinda Terminator-esque about this part of the plot, with Babs in the role of Sarah Connor (and Mr. Freeze in the role of Schwarzenegger, of course).

1 Like

Freeze crash the party like Joker did in The Dark Knight!:laughing:

1 Like