DC Animated Club: Justice League Unlimited

Hello everybody,
Welcome to the new DC Animated Club. First I want to say Thankyou so much to the @moderators for letting me do this, and reviving this Club as well.
And Thankyou all those who enjoy the Superman The Animated Series Topic as well.
If you guys would like to be a member and stay up to date with DC Animated Club, here’s a link to join DC Animated Club .
Once you guys join, you’ll be able to get updates, watch along and more. Be sure to join so you guys won’t miss a thing!:grinning:
This month we’ll be looking at Justice League Unlimited. Reason I’d pick this instead of the original Justice League, is because I wanted to focus on alot of heroes from DC Universe. This show help introduce alot of great characters like Green Arrow, The Question, Booster Gold and many many more!
The show had alot of great episodes as well like when the original Justice League members turn into kids, Booster Gold had his own episode and Wonder Woman turn into a pig! There’s alot more great episodes as well hopefully we’ll look at each one.
Before we begin, let’s start with a intro theme music…

And here’s a couple of behind the scene videos of the making of Justice League Unlimited…

Comics
As for the comic book, there are 46 issues. While DC Universe Infinite Library only has 35 issues it’s missing the last 10 issues. Hopefully DC Universe will add them. Anyway here’s the first issue of Justice League Unlimited…

Justice League Unlimited #1
Later this month I’ll add some of their best stories in comics.

Next I’ll be adding Heroes and Villains, we have alot to get to, I’m so excited to get started, be sure to check back soon.:grinning:
:0_batman_tas:
:00_justice_league2:

12 Likes

As Booster Gold said in The Greatest Story Never Told (one of my all-time favorite episodes), “Energize!”, which means I’m in for this. :partying_face:

Fun Fact: The Justice League Unlimited toy line by Mattel ran from 2004 to 2012. While the show ended in 2006, the toys would continue to be produced for another six years, which was three times longer than the show itself ran for. This is a record in the annals of toy history that has stood for nearly ten years.

5 Likes

Here are the characters of Justice League Unlimited, Starting with the Original team members. :00_justice_league2:
Original Members

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Green Lantern (Jon Stewart)
The Flash
Hawkgirl/Shayera.Hol
Martian The Manhunter

New Members
Green_Arrow
Green Arrow
SupergirlJLU
Supergirl/Kara
Question_DCAU_001
The Question
Stargirl
Stargirl
Stripe
S.T.R.I.P.E
Booster Gold
Black_Canary
Black Canary
Huntress
Huntress
DffN2VoXkAATa5f
Aquaman
Captain_Marvel
Captain Marvel
MrT_DCAU_001
Mister Terrific
Red_Tornado
Red Tornado

Zatanna
Captain_Atom
Captain Atom
The_Atom
Atom
Doctor_Fate
Doctor Fate

Hawk & Dove
Vixen
Vixen

Elongated Man
Crimson_Avenger
Crimson Avenger
Doctor_Mid-Nite
Doctor Mid-Nite
Vigilante
Vigilante

I’ll be back soon to edit this, if I’m missing any characters that you would like to see on here, please let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Don’t forget the Elongated Man! :grin:

4 Likes

I’d be game for seeing:

• Crimson Avenger
  • Dr. Mid-Nite

Roulette would be cool to see too. Sure, she was an enemy of the League (and the JSA in the comics) but it’s Roulette, which means she’s worthy of entry at any point and for any reason. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’d like to see Vigilante. I loved Hunter’s Moon.

4 Likes

I’ll be adding Roulette to the Villain list soon.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Ok, Since I haven’t watch Justice League Unlimited for a long time, it’s kind of hard to track down all the Villains so here goes :slightly_smiling_face:
Villains
Luthor
Lex Luthor
Brainiac
Brainiac
Copperhead
Copperhead
Grodd
Grodd
Roulette
Roulette
Darkseid_reborn_JLU
Darkseid
Amanda_Waller
Amanda Waller
Galatea_charges
Galatea
Doctor_Destiny
Doctor Destiny

I’ll be adding more Villains soon, promise, let me know who you would like me add to the list.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Lots to digest here, but I do find it interesting how similar some of these character designs are to the more recent DC animated movies that we’ve been enjoying the past two or three years like Reign of the Supermen.

Lex Luthor here looks very much like he did in Superman: the Animated Series that you hosted last month @Reaganfan78 . Same with Brainiac.

3 Likes

Also it’s very interesting that they opted to go with Hawk and Dove as brothers like the original Steve Ditko drawn series of the late '60s.

5 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face: Here’s a list of Justice League Unlimited episodes, to my suprise they only have 39 episodes instead of 54. Which is too bad, in my opinion I think they could’ve done alot more with the series, explore each different heroes or villians throughout the series in DC Universe. Anyway, here’s a list of the episodes, The show first aired on July 31st, 2004 and it ended on May 13, 2006…
Season 1

1. Initiation
  2. For the Man Who Has Everything
  3. Kid Stuff
  4. Hawk & Dove
  5. This Little Piggy
  6. Fearful Symmetry
  7. The Greatest Story Never Told
  8. The Return
  9. Ultimatum
  10. Dark Heart
  11. Wake The Dead
  12. The Once And The Future Thing Part 1: Weird Western Tales
  13. The Once And The Future Thing Part 2: Time Warped

Season 2

1. The Cat And The Canary
  2. The Ties That Binds/Miracle Happens
  3. The Doomsday Sanction
  4. Task Force X
  5. The Balance
  6. Double Date
  7. Clash
  8. Hunter’s Moon/ Mystery In Space
  9. Question Authority
  10. Flashpoint
  11. Panic In The Sky
  12. Divided We Fall
  13. Epilogue

Season 3

1. I Am Legion
  2. Shadow Of The Hawk
  3. Chaos At The Earth Core
  4. To Another Shore
  5. Flash And Substance
  6. Dead Reckoning
  7. Patriot Act
  8. The Great Brain Robbery
  9. Grudge Match
  10. Far From Home
  11. Ancient History
  12. Alive!
  13. Destroyer

4 Likes

Hello everybody, here’s my top 7 picks for Justice League Unlimited comics, that I think that are worth reading, hope you enjoy reading them! :smiley:

Justice League #2

Justice League Unlimited #5

Justice League Unlimited #8

Justice League Unlimited #11

Justice League Unlimited #13

Justice League Unlimited #20

Justice League Unlimited #30

If you would like to see more comics of Justice League Unlimited, here’s a link Justice League Unlimited Comic Series. There are alot of great stories that I haven’t mentioned, please be sure to check them out.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations! Honestly, the only thing keeping me away from the “Unlimited” Series is that it looks like it’s geared towards very young kids. I tried watching some of it but it didn’t exactly catch me, you know? But if you say to give these a go, so I shall. I will say that I’m liking that question issue just from seeing the cover haha

4 Likes

They do have some great episodes that’s not just for kids, any adults can enjoy some episodes like ‘Flash And Substance,’ ‘This Little Piggy’ & ‘Question Authority.’ :grinning: Thankyou for your comment @LastSon0fMars!

2 Likes

Oh dude, then you have not seen the DCAU. I cannot recommend any of the shows enough. Batman the animated series, Superman the animated series, Batman Beyond, justice league, etc.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link to the comics, I had forgotten, they published them.

2 Likes

You’re welcome.:grinning:

2 Likes

:grinning: I forgot to add questions when I first started this so here goes, feel free if you want to answer them…
Questions

1. Who’s your favorite hero from Justice League Unlimited?
  2. What’s your favorite episode?
  3. Which comic is your favorite?
  4. Who’s your favorite villian from Justice League Unlimited?
  5. Was there a hero you hardly see or didn’t see that you wish he or she had their own episode?

Well that’s it, feel free to leave a comment. :grinning:

2 Likes

Good question… oh, and speaking of him, he’s on the list. So is EM, Flash, Black Canary… and that’s just off the top of my head. There’s a lot of members in this roster and I like too many characters :sweat_smile:

“The greatest Story Never told” tied with “Flash and substance”, off the top of my head.

Out of ones I’ve read, there was one featuring John Stewart you once recommended on a thread I really like

Again, off the top of my head… uhhh, Clancy Brown’s Lex is hard to beat?

Definitely EM. Plas too… he was only ever mentioned. More Flash stuff wouldn’t have hurt… you know, I’ll just say everybody LOL.

2 Likes

@SuperBlueGrodd & @Reaganfan78 Ah man, I was thinking of Justice League Action when I posted this lol, sorry. I have absoluuuuutely seen Unlimited and a lot of the DCU AU stuff haha. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes