[DC Animated Club] August 2020: Clayface Cartoons!

And for anyone wanting more Lady Clay, I would recommend Shadow of the Bat #26-27, “Creatures of Clay.” It’s essentially Alan Grant’s sequel to “The Mud Pack.”

1 Like

Hello @AlexanderKnox do you have any guesses

1 Like

I was kinda hoping to leave it open to some of the members to answer. I felt like it would spoil the game for the host to respond.

But just to get things started, the answer to the first question is “a whale.”

1 Like

Correct!

2 Likes

We’re at the halfway point! I would invite everyone in the @DCAnimatedClub to check out Detective Chimp’s quiz above. We’re moving on to The Batman, which gives us two Clayfaces for the price of one! The second character is the classic Clayface, Basil Karlo, but the first one, Ethan Bennett, was created exclusively for the show!

Here are some of Basil Karlo’s earliest appearances (before he gained Matt Hagen’s shape-shifting powers):

1. Detective Comics #40
  2. Detective Comics #49
  3. Detective Comics #496

And if you want a few samples of his post-transformation stories, here you go:

1. Wonder Woman #160
  2. Wonder Woman #161
  3. Joker’s Asylum II: Clayface
6 Likes

I know this one!

Hawkgirl in “Hawkgirl’s day off”!

8:50pm 8/16/2020

3 Likes

Correct!

3 Likes

you know, if I could make a dc movie it would be a batman golden age one. a 4th of the storyline would be based off of Detective Comics 40

2 Likes

Ok @TheRealDetectiveChimp, I’m going to try to answer the trivia questions, hopefully I’ll do good, so here goes.:slightly_smiling_face:

1. The Whale
  2. The Misfits team?
  3. I think it was a female Clayface, I can’t remember her name.
  4. I must’ve been typing when watching, he was a fail comedian like the Joker.
  5. I sadly don’t know.
  6. Matt Fewer I think.
  7. Daggett’s Cosmatic, That episode is a classic.
  8. Trap him in a pipe.

I’m so bad at this, but I try.LOL!:laughing:

1 Like

Already answered but correct

What was the name?
Also the rest are all incorrect

1 Like

Roland Daggett’s Cosmatic? :crossed_fingers::grimacing: Hope I’m right this time.

no the actual name

1 Like

You mean the name of the particular product? If the Gipper renews his answer, will he have to spell it “correctly” (considering that Daggett’s company deliberately misspells it for a trademark)?

This one’s difficult because not every animated version of Clayface has been given a name. Who’s to say that they aren’t the son of Clayface III and Lady Clay or the Clayface from Ed Brubaker’s Catwoman series? So many versions of Clayface look pretty much identical. I’m pretty sure that the impostor posing as Basil Karlo in 'Tec #496 has never shown up in animation, and Preston Payne’s “cameo” barely even counts.

I was looking for Was the renuyu cream

2 Likes

that coints, I never have read that I was looking for Cassius Clay

2 Likes

I would’ve never have gotten that, no matter how many time I watch the episodes.:man_facepalming:
@TheRealDetectiveChimp, would you be interested in doing a trivia questions for DC Animated Club for each month?:slightly_smiling_face:

Would I? I would be honored!

1 Like

:grinning:Great, Thankyou so much.

In each thread or in the trivia and games section?

1 Like