DC Anatomy Book

Has anyone else read this? It’s awesome. Extremely detailed, well thought out, with crucial amazing art. I wish the creative teams on ongoing series would use this as their Bible. Get the DC Universe all on the same page.

11 Likes

Huh, that looks interesting. I’d be interested to see what it has to say about one of @TornadoSoup’s theories concerning Thangarians and their ability (or inability) to lay eggs. Also, I feel like there was a discussion on here a while ago about how Superman clips his nails or something like that.

3 Likes

Yes, I have this. It’s really just beatiful, on every page. I think I have stared at and enjoyed every image.

4 Likes

Interesting. I can look into it and post related pages later.

1 Like

Wow! I’ll have to look for this.
Does it have plastic man in there?

So if you look at this page especially the last paragraph, it remains unclear about cutting Superman’s nails. However, my theory is that since Clark can shave and get haircuts then cutting his nails shouldn’t be an issue.

Unfortunately no mention of the Thanagarians in this book but hopefully there will be a sequel.

3 Likes

Unfortunately no Plastic Man. He would be great for this book. I hope there is a sequel.

2 Likes

It’s one of those books that I think would be a cool read, but I explicitly avoided it because some things are not meant to be explained or investigated.

Once someone tells you about midichlorians or highlanders being aliens, the magic is gone forever. I have too much fear that this book would do the same to the DC verse so I opted to stay away from what I guess is a really cool book.

3 Likes

Interesting, that looks cool. Maybe I’ll check this book out and put it on my buy list :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool I will have to get it

1 Like

when did this come out, never heard of it (it has the new DC logo so I’m guessing 2016 and beyond

1 Like

didn’t the animated series show Clark using his heat vision to shave?

1 Like

It’s fairly new.

1 Like

I believe so.

1 Like

Also, a cool thing about this is that it’s handwritten by Bruce Wayne. His paranoia that someone like Cyborg hacking and finding this information makes him not upload it digitally.

3 Likes

Yep that sounds like a Bruce Wayne thing to do

3 Likes

I had no idea about this. Thank you so much for the share!!! I’m getting a copy. It’s only $50 cheap!

3 Likes

I’ll probably buy the book.

2 Likes