Dawn of DC

I just want a jason todd book or one where he teams up with batman his father

2 Likes

I noticed Dawn is doing its best to use characters who have no titles. Omen is in Power Girl, Jessica Cruz and Black Condor are in Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner are in Doom Patrol.

1 Like

Well, now we know what ā€œKnight Terrorsā€ is:

2 Likes

I thought dr destiny would be the villain but looks like dr destiny will be dead at the beginning of knight terrors and they are using a new similar villain instead (probably a vertigo sandman related villain). Looks like the sandman wesley dodds is back. Can probably expect the vertigo sandman to help out. Looks like still no justice league yet but already have the trinity.

1 Like

Interesting ā€“ I took it to mean theyā€™ll think Dr Destiny is dead, but he turns out to be the main villain of it all, like he had to transcend from life to truly become his most powerful or something like that. But hey, it could go either way. :man_shrugging:

Dr Destiny had been used a lot in the past and I still remember the morpheus vs dr destiny story, so that might be the reason they are going with a new similar villain.

Iā€™m honestly surprised. Iā€™ve been expecting a Batman crossover led by Zdarsky for a while, and I thought Williamson would give himself a year break after Dark Crisis from events. But I guess not! I am really bummed itā€™s another Porter-led event on art. Shadow War was really rought for me artistically except for the Victor Bogdanovic chapter.

2 Likes

Looking forward to Knight Terrors and hoping we eventually get Hawkman and Firestorm books added to the Dawn of DC Lineup!

2 Likes

On the premise alone, Knight Terrors doesnā€™t interest me. Iā€™ll give it a fair and open-minded shot as it comes to Ultra, though.

As a huge fan of both, that definitely interests me. Especially since its been far too long since Firestorm headlined his own series (which, if it were to happen, would hopefully be an ongoing).

1 Like

Did the community come to a consensus about that bird logo? Is it a Birds of Prey, Hawkman/Hawkwoman/Hawkgirl, or Blackhawk logo?

2 Likes

What if its for all of them?

Coming this summer: Birds of BlackHawks Prey!

Itā€™d be great if it was for a new Blackhawks series, especially one that follows up on the New 52 tome, as well as the Mother Machine tale from Legends of Tomorrow.

1 Like

The Birds series you didnā€™t know you wanted!

My personal hopes areā€¦uncertain. The pieces released in promotion of the Birds of Prey movie, like the movie itself, were NOT what I wanted or particularly enjoyed, other than reprints of Simoneā€™s run and Cry for Blood. And the recent Urban Legends Birds of Prey story was truly a dreadful reading experience for me. So if itā€™s ANYTHING like those two initiatives, I want them to just let the Birds of Prey brand rest some more until someone who loves it the way Simone and Dixon loved it comes around.

Hawkmanā€¦if we had someone like Venditti write it again, Iā€™d be all for it. But I donā€™t know if they can get that lightning in the bottle again.

Blackhawks - I honestly only want it if they bring back Zinda Blake, Lady Blackhawk. Sheā€™s my fave. And Iā€™m still mad at Scott Snyder for erasing her from Metal.

So I have way too many reservations for all three. I clearly shouldnā€™t be involved in planning for DC. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Such a sad thing about Birds of prey. One of the best series that DC comics had in the 90s and 2000s. Now whether itā€™s the film inspired Harley Quinn and birds of prey or that urban legends storyline that I surprised how bad it was. Itā€™s just honestly terrible DC comics has no idea what to do with this team anymore.

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s really distressing. Honestly, I want them to let the brand rest for a few more years, really get a creative team that can tell a great story over a couple of years, and push it hard.

2 Likes

Issues, please? This soundsā€¦intriguing.

1 Like

I believe that arc ran from issues 14-16

1 Like

Noted! Thank you.

1 Like

tenor

1 Like

well just donā€™t blame me if you have as sad a time as I did!

1 Like

Iā€™ve plenty of Sprite on-hand, so if thoth tale should sucketh, I shall drowneth mine tears in yon delicious beverage.

1 Like