Dawn of DC Mystery Title

I was just reading the new article about the new Dawn of DC titles and then I saw something that caught my eye. On the timeline graphic DC usually likes to tease what’s next by showing the title’s logo but just fading it out some. The logo that is there looks like Detective Chimp holding Doctor Fate’s helmet.

Now, I could be crazy (or blind) but could this be teasing something with Doctor Fate or Detective Chimp or both! So I wanted to post this to ask, you the community what you thought about this and if you saw the faded image too.

7 Likes

Both Detective Chimp and Dr. Fate have active roles right now in Justice Society.

5 Likes

Detective chimp Doctor fate miniseries spinning out of JSA?

5 Likes

Maybe Justice league dark? Or just a team up duo book with fate and chimp

4 Likes

I really hope you’re right and the title is “Chimping Fate” instead of “Tempting Fate”.

5 Likes

Is the image the same as the Helmet of Fate: Detective Chimp cover?

Could they be picking up on threads from the abandoned Steve Gerber Doctor Fate?

8 Likes

I hope so! It would make sense to have another JSA spin-off series because the Stargirl one would have ended.

6 Likes

There is a trade of older Detective Chimp material coming out on October 10th, so its possible he’s getting a starring gig that said trade would be a tie-in to.

4 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

I might be getting my own comic!!

7 Likes

If there is a new justice league dark title, hopefully, they can find a new team name bec the title justice league dark always sounded weird to me altho it is a good idea to take advantage of the justice league brand name. I think they were trying to use Conclave for a short while in the old titles fate and book of fate which had dr occult, alan scott, zatanna, phantom stranger, bloodwynd, etrigan, felix faust, qabala, master ashram, strega, etc. Secret files and origins had a preview for a new magic team fighting Red Coven that did not materialize. The Red Coven had dr 7, gray man, lord ys, faust, azarathea, diabola, houngan, enchantress, qabala, tannarak, trance, wizard.

It might be a Shadowpact title. I think it would be pretty cool if they brought that team back instead of Justice League Dark, which they just did. Also, this could just be a solo Detective Chimp story where he’s investigating the disappearance of Doctor Fate after the events of Lazarus Planet. What I’m really interested in about this new
Detective Chimp title is who’s going to be writing it?

Because Scott Snyder has stated in past interviews that he would love to do a solo Detective Chimp series, if given the opportunity by DC. So is this series going to be his return to DC? That would be awesome if it was :slightly_smiling_face:! Or is this one of the other titles Mark Waid alluded to in an interview on CBR for Lazarus Planet.

Mr.Waid said that he was currently writing 3 series for DC which were all unannounced yet. We now know that one of the titles that he’s going to be writing is Shazam. Is this Detective Chimp title going to be the second title? If it is, then that’s cool as well because then we know that it’s going to deal with the fallout from Lazarus Planet.

Either way I’m hooked :slightly_smiling_face::+1:!

2 Likes

Looks like Batman and Robin 1 by simone di meo is coming out before detective chimp.

2 Likes

I’m hoping that it’s a new Justice League Dark series. They set some interesting plot threads in recent Lazarus Planet one-shots that give writers a lot of direction for future stories.

2 Likes

Is this an official poster from DC?

1 Like

I think so.

1 Like