Dark Nights: Death Metal - List

“Dark Knights: Death Metal” has been announced! Now, I need a list of reading material. I have read Metal, the No Justice mini series, but I need to read everything that could be relevant to this upcoming sequel.

Here is what I currently have:

-The Batman Who Laughs mini series (and associated one shots)
-Batman/Superman series (and associated one shots)
-Hell Arisen mini series (I know this comes at the end of Year of the Villain, but do I really need to read it to understand Hell Arisen?)

I need any other reccomendations! I usually wait until I can get a collection, but I need to be up to date on this

You should probably read the snyder justice league run

1 Like

The Snyder JL run will definitely be important. Weirdly enough I’d also recommend revisiting Snyder’s New 52 Batman run. He builds a lot of his later stories with elements from that.

I could actually use some help with this. I too just finished metal and want to catch up on everything before starting death metal. I read that you should read hell arisen and the infected as well as the Scott Snyder JL books. However here’s where I’m confused. I saw there’s some year of the villain omnibus but it’s like it doesn’t really exist? Then there’s some batman/superman infected that I can’t seem to find either. And there’s year of the villain the offer and 3 other things that I can’t find either. And you should read JL no justice, JL graveyard of the gods, B/S Who are the secret six and BWL but I wasn’t sure when to read it.

Can anyone help with the collected editions reading order I’m really lost and wanna know what’s best before starting death metal.