Dark Knights: Death and Death Metal Questions

I’m a fairly Avid Reader of the big 3 and Justice League. I also tend to read the big individual mini series. So I read Dark Nights metal and I read heroes in crisis and I’m reading Flash Forward and I’m reading dark Knight’s death metal but my question is are there any other series that kind of tie-in to make sense of it all. I’m finding a bit of a gap between Dark Nights Metal and Dark Knight’s death metal. I read Justice League monthly and I’m not sure if it’s filling the gaps for me. Have I missed any mini series in between Dark Nights Metal and Dark Knight’s death metal that might help deconvolute the story arc?

3 Likes

To really catch up on everything between Dark Nights Metal and Death Metal you need to read:

Justice League: No Justice [4 issues]

https://www.dcuniverse.com/collections/story-jl-no-justice

Justice League (2018-) [First 39 issues]

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/justice-league-2018/78245a35-4e35-4f82-bae2-763e165629e1

It’s a lot of reading, but will fill in the Perpetua gaps for you. Or you can search for summary videos on youtube :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Hmmm… those links did not work. I got them from using the share button from the series’ pages here on DCU. If you do a search you should find ‘em ok :slightly_smiling_face:.

I am up to date on the Justice League monthlies. I will hunt down No Justice

1 Like

Oh… forgot… the Hell Arisen mini series kinda finishes off the Year of the Villain stuff. Not essential, but still part of the story if you’re a completionist :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

@moro

I saw some stuff that was required for death metal. Any chance you could verify some stuff for me?

I saw JL no justice, JL graveyard of the gods, B/S Who are the secret six, hell arisen and the infected (I saw you mention hell arisen but I thought there was a B/S infected as well as year of the villain infected? Really confused) and then Snyder’s JL run and batman who laughs. I’m just trying to do all the collected reading so anything you could recommend would be awesome before I get into death metal. I also heard there’s a year of the villain omnibus but I can’t really find it.

2 Likes

Graveyard of the Gods is one of the arcs in the JL run that I mentioned. If you read all of Scott Snyder’s Justice League, you will have read that. Secret Six is Batman/Superman’s first arc and is indeed the “infected” story line. I’m not 100% up to speed on Year of the Villain because it pretty much spanned all of DC. I only read the titles that mattered to me. Was a bit of a convoluted event in my opinion, but maybe there’s reading orders out there on the interwebs. Honestly, with everything you mentioned, I think you are primed just fine for Death Metal. Just go in there, read it, and have fun!

Awesome thank you so so much for getting back to me. I’m really eager to get in there but I was really panicking cause it was getting confusing lol.